Warning: gc-sections option ignored

Carsten Bager
I get this warning when compiling a project.
It compiles fine with the 213 compiler

Could this be a problem with the new compiler?

Carsten

Free Pascal Compiler version 2.1.4 [2007/06/08] for arm
Copyright (c) 1993-2007 by Florian Klaempfl
Target OS: Linux for ARM

/Fpc/ArmBin/ld: Warning: gc-sections option ignored
2793 lines compiled, 23.4 sec
1 warning(s) issued

Re: Warning: gc-sections option ignored

Jonas Maebe-2

On 31 Jul 2007, at 14:13, Carsten Bager wrote:

> I get this warning when compiling a project.
> It compiles fine with the 213 compiler
>
> Could this be a problem with the new compiler?

You probably simply need a newer version of ld.

Re: Warning: gc-sections option ignored

Carsten Bager

> On 31 Jul 2007, at 14:13, Carsten Bager wrote:
>
> > I get this warning when compiling a project.
> > It compiles fine with the 213 compiler
> >
> > Could this be a problem with the new compiler?
>
> You probably simply need a newer version of ld.
I am using the one that came with the 214 arm compiler

GNU ld version 2.15
  Supported emulations:
   armelf_linux
   armelf