Trying to compile ZeosDBO cli program

Terry A. Haimann-2
First of all, thank you for looking at this, Terry H.

To compile a cli FreePascal program to use ZeosDBO library, I assume all
I have to do is include the path to those files.

On my laptop, the files appear to be in:

/home/terry/ZeosDBO/packages/lazarus/lib/x86_64-linux

Well after adding that to the path and put ZConnection in the uses
clause, it comes up with a "Can't find unit ZConnection"

At least a directory of that gives me these files:

ZAbstractConnection.o    ZDbcASA.o
ZDbcInterbase6ResultSet.ppu  ZDbcPooled.o                 ZEncoding.ppu
ZMatchPattern.ppu                     ZPlainLoader.o
ZSqlMetadata.o
ZAbstractConnection.ppu  ZDbcASA.ppu
ZDbcInterbase6Statement.o    ZDbcPooled.ppu               ZExpression.o
ZMessages.o                           ZPlainLoader.ppu
ZSqlMetadata.ppu
ZAbstractDataset.o       ZDbcASAResultSet.o
ZDbcInterbase6Statement.ppu  ZDbcPostgreSqlMetadata.o
ZExpression.ppu          ZMessages.ppu
ZPlainMySqlConstants.o      ZSqlMonitor.o
ZAbstractDataset.ppu     ZDbcASAResultSet.ppu
ZDbcInterbase6Utils.o        ZDbcPostgreSqlMetadata.ppu   ZExprParser.o
ZMessages.rsj                         ZPlainMySqlConstants.ppu
ZSqlMonitor.ppu
ZAbstractRODataset.o     ZDbcASAStatement.o
ZDbcInterbase6Utils.ppu      ZDbcPostgreSql.o
ZExprParser.ppu          ZMySqlAnalyser.o
ZPlainMySqlDriver.o         ZSqlProcessor.o
ZAbstractRODataset.ppu   ZDbcASAStatement.ppu        ZDbcIntfs.o
ZDbcPostgreSql.ppu           ZExprToken.o             ZMySqlAnalyser.ppu
ZPlainMySqlDriver.ppu       ZSqlProcessor.ppu
ZAbstractTable.o         ZDbcASAUtils.o              ZDbcIntfs.ppu
ZDbcPostgreSqlResultSet.o    ZExprToken.ppu           ZMySqlToken.o
zplain.o                    ZSqlStrings.o
ZAbstractTable.ppu       ZDbcASAUtils.ppu            ZDbcLogging.o
ZDbcPostgreSqlResultSet.ppu  ZFunctionsConvert.o      ZMySqlToken.ppu
ZPlainOracleConstants.o     ZSqlStrings.ppu
ZClasses.o               ZDbcCachedResultSet.o       ZDbcLogging.ppu
ZDbcPostgreSqlStatement.o    ZFunctionsConvert.ppu    ZOracleAnalyser.o
ZPlainOracleConstants.ppu   ZSqlUpdate.o
ZClasses.ppu             ZDbcCachedResultSet.ppu     ZDbcMetadata.o
ZDbcPostgreSqlStatement.ppu  ZFunctionsDateTime.o
ZOracleAnalyser.ppu                   ZPlainOracleDriver.o
ZSqlUpdate.ppu
ZCollections.o           ZDbcCache.o                 ZDbcMetadata.ppu
ZDbcPostgreSqlUtils.o        ZFunctionsDateTime.ppu   ZOracleToken.o
ZPlainOracleDriver.ppu      ZStoredProcedure.o
ZCollections.ppu         ZDbcCache.ppu               ZDbcMySqlMetadata.o
ZDbcPostgreSqlUtils.ppu      ZFunctionsMath.o         ZOracleToken.ppu
ZPlainPostgreSqlDriver.o    ZStoredProcedure.ppu
ZCompatibility.o         zdbc.compiled
ZDbcMySqlMetadata.ppu        zdbc.ppu
ZFunctionsMath.ppu       zparsesql.compiled
ZPlainPostgreSqlDriver.ppu  ZStreamBlob.o
ZCompatibility.ppu       ZDbcConnection.o            ZDbcMySql.o
ZDbcResultSetMetadata.o      ZFunctions.o             zparsesql.o
zplain.ppu                  ZStreamBlob.ppu
zcomponent.compiled      ZDbcConnection.ppu          ZDbcMySql.ppu
ZDbcResultSetMetadata.ppu    ZFunctionsOther.o        zparsesql.ppu
ZPlainSqLiteDriver.o        ZSybaseAnalyser.o
zcomponent.o             ZDbcDbLibMetadata.o
ZDbcMySqlResultSet.o         ZDbcResultSet.o
ZFunctionsOther.ppu      ZPgEventAlerter.o
ZPlainSqLiteDriver.ppu      ZSybaseAnalyser.ppu
zcomponent.ppu           ZDbcDbLibMetadata.ppu
ZDbcMySqlResultSet.ppu       ZDbcResultSet.ppu            ZFunctions.ppu
ZPgEventAlerter.ppu                   ZPostgreSqlAnalyser.o
ZSybaseToken.o
ZComponentReg.o          ZDbcDbLib.o
ZDbcMySqlStatement.o         ZDbcSqLiteMetadata.o
ZFunctionsStrings.o      ZPlainASAConstants.o
ZPostgreSqlAnalyser.ppu     ZSybaseToken.ppu
ZComponentReg.ppu        ZDbcDbLib.ppu
ZDbcMySqlStatement.ppu       ZDbcSqLiteMetadata.ppu
ZFunctionsStrings.ppu    ZPlainASAConstants.ppu
ZPostgreSqlToken.o          ZSysUtils.o
ZConnectionGroup.o       ZDbcDbLibResultSet.o        ZDbcMySqlUtils.o
ZDbcSqLite.o                 ZGenericSqlAnalyser.o    ZPlainASADriver.o
ZPostgreSqlToken.ppu        ZSysUtils.ppu
ZConnectionGroup.ppu     ZDbcDbLibResultSet.ppu      ZDbcMySqlUtils.ppu
ZDbcSqLite.ppu               ZGenericSqlAnalyser.ppu
ZPlainASADriver.ppu                   ZPropertyEditor.o
ZTokenizer.o
ZConnection.o            ZDbcDbLibStatement.o        zdbc.o
ZDbcSqLiteResultSet.o        ZGenericSqlToken.o       zplain.compiled
ZPropertyEditor.ppu         ZTokenizer.ppu
ZConnection.ppu          ZDbcDbLibStatement.ppu
ZDbcOracleMetadata.o         ZDbcSqLiteResultSet.ppu
ZGenericSqlToken.ppu     ZPlainDbLibConstants.o
ZScriptParser.o             ZUpdateSqlEditor.o
zcore.compiled           ZDbcDbLibUtils.o
ZDbcOracleMetadata.ppu       ZDbcSqLiteStatement.o
ZGroupedConnection.o     ZPlainDbLibConstants.ppu
ZScriptParser.ppu           ZUpdateSqlEditor.ppu
zcore.o                  ZDbcDbLibUtils.ppu          ZDbcOracle.o
ZDbcSqLiteStatement.ppu      ZGroupedConnection.ppu
ZPlainDbLibDriver.o                   ZSelectSchema.o
ZUpdateSqlEditor.rsj
zcore.ppu                ZDbcGenericResolver.o       ZDbcOracle.ppu
ZDbcSqLiteUtils.o            ZIBEventAlerter.o
ZPlainDbLibDriver.ppu                 ZSelectSchema.ppu           ZURL.o
ZDataset.o               ZDbcGenericResolver.ppu
ZDbcOracleResultSet.o        ZDbcSqLiteUtils.ppu
ZIBEventAlerter.ppu      ZPlainDriver.o
ZSequence.o                 ZURL.ppu
ZDataset.ppu             ZDbcInterbase6Metadata.o
ZDbcOracleResultSet.ppu      ZDbcStatement.o
ZInterbaseAnalyser.o     ZPlainDriver.ppu
ZSequence.ppu               ZVariables.o
ZDatasetUtils.o          ZDbcInterbase6Metadata.ppu
ZDbcOracleStatement.o        ZDbcStatement.ppu
ZInterbaseAnalyser.ppu   ZPlainFirebirdDriver.o
ZSqLiteAnalyser.o           ZVariables.ppu
ZDatasetUtils.ppu        ZDbcInterbase6.o
ZDbcOracleStatement.ppu      ZDbcUtils.o
ZInterbaseToken.o        ZPlainFirebirdDriver.ppu
ZSqLiteAnalyser.ppu         ZVariant.o
ZDbcASAMetadata.o        ZDbcInterbase6.ppu          ZDbcOracleUtils.o
ZDbcUtils.ppu                ZInterbaseToken.ppu
ZPlainFirebirdInterbaseConstants.o    ZSqLiteToken.o
ZVariant.ppu
ZDbcASAMetadata.ppu      ZDbcInterbase6ResultSet.o   ZDbcOracleUtils.ppu
ZEncoding.o                  ZMatchPattern.o
ZPlainFirebirdInterbaseConstants.ppu  ZSqLiteToken.ppu

Re: Trying to compile ZeosDBO cli program

stdreamer
On 13/02/2018 04:50 πμ, Terry A. Haimann wrote:

> First of all, thank you for looking at this, Terry H.
>
> To compile a cli FreePascal program to use ZeosDBO library, I assume all
> I have to do is include the path to those files.
>
> On my laptop, the files appear to be in:
>
> /home/terry/ZeosDBO/packages/lazarus/lib/x86_64-linux
>
> Well after adding that to the path and put ZConnection in the uses
> clause, it comes up with a "Can't find unit ZConnection"

you do not add the path (remove it) you add the ZeosDBO package to your
required packages. Open the project inspector and select add new
requirement. that will sort the file not found out for you.

Re: Trying to compile ZeosDBO cli program

Terry A. Haimann-2
I really do not understand your response.  If you are talking about
Lazarus, I already have it working there.  I am wanting to get it to
work from a command line batch program using fpc.  Using fpc I do not
know how to set required packages and from fpc I do not know where a
Project Inspector would be.

Mostly, at this point,I want to compare ZeosDBO's performance against
SqlDB.  I know how to do this with SqlDB, but think it's performance is
lackluster.

Terry H

On 13/02/2018 15:48 μμ, Terry A. Haimann wrote:
> I really do not understand your response.  If you are talking about
> Lazarus, I already have it working there.
OK

> I am wanting to get it to
> work from a command line batch program using fpc.  Using fpc I do not
> know how to set required packages and from fpc I do not know where a
> Project Inspector would be.

Oh! I assumed that the cli application was edited from lazarus in that
case add the folder where the code is to your path not the compiled
binaries. I Assume something along the lines of
/home/terry/ZeosDBO/src/plain
/home/terry/ZeosDBO/src/
/home/terry/ZeosDBO/src/component
/home/terry/ZeosDBO/src/core
/home/terry/ZeosDBO/src/dbc
/home/terry/ZeosDBO/src/parsesql

Re: Trying to compile ZeosDBO cli program

Terry A. Haimann-2
I tried adding the following to my path:

/home/terry/ZeosDBO/src/plain
/home/terry/ZeosDBO/src/
/home/terry/ZeosDBO/src/component
/home/terry/ZeosDBO/src/core
/home/terry/ZeosDBO/src/dbc
/home/terry/ZeosDBO/src/parsesql

And when I try to coompile, it is still saying:
        Can't find Unit Zconnection

I only added the paths in temporarily.

On 13/02/2018 15:48 μμ, Terry A. Haimann wrote:
> I really do not understand your response.  If you are talking about
> Lazarus, I already have it working there.
OK

> I am wanting to get it to
> work from a command line batch program using fpc.  Using fpc I do not
> know how to set required packages and from fpc I do not know where a
> Project Inspector would be.

Oh! I assumed that the cli application was edited from lazarus in that
case add the folder where the code is to your path not the compiled
binaries. I Assume something along the lines of
/home/terry/ZeosDBO/src/plain
/home/terry/ZeosDBO/src/
/home/terry/ZeosDBO/src/component
/home/terry/ZeosDBO/src/core
/home/terry/ZeosDBO/src/dbc
/home/terry/ZeosDBO/src/parsesql

Re: Trying to compile ZeosDBO cli program

Terry A. Haimann-2
Never mind I have it figured out.  You have to add the path to
the /etc/fpc.cfg file, such as:

-Fu/home/user/ZeosDBO/packages/lazarus/lib/x86_64-linux

I remembered we do something like this years ago with an older mysql
library.

Terry H.

I tried adding the following to my path:

/home/terry/ZeosDBO/src/plain
/home/terry/ZeosDBO/src/
/home/terry/ZeosDBO/src/component
/home/terry/ZeosDBO/src/core
/home/terry/ZeosDBO/src/dbc
/home/terry/ZeosDBO/src/parsesql

And when I try to coompile, it is still saying:
        Can't find Unit Zconnection

I only added the paths in temporarily.

On 13/02/2018 15:48 μμ, Terry A. Haimann wrote:
> I really do not understand your response.  If you are talking about
> Lazarus, I already have it working there.
OK

> I am wanting to get it to
> work from a command line batch program using fpc.  Using fpc I do not
> know how to set required packages and from fpc I do not know where a
> Project Inspector would be.

Oh! I assumed that the cli application was edited from lazarus in that
case add the folder where the code is to your path not the compiled
binaries. I Assume something along the lines of
/home/terry/ZeosDBO/src/plain
/home/terry/ZeosDBO/src/
/home/terry/ZeosDBO/src/component
/home/terry/ZeosDBO/src/core
/home/terry/ZeosDBO/src/dbc
/home/terry/ZeosDBO/src/parsesql

Re: Trying to compile ZeosDBO cli program

Free Pascal - General mailing list
> Never mind I have it figured out.  You have to add the path to
> the /etc/fpc.cfg file, such as:

You can do it from command line, too. In fact, if you already have it
working from Lazarus, simply open Project Options->Show Options->Command
Line Parameters tab, copy the content for your fpc options, done.

--
Sent from: http://free-pascal-general.1045716.n5.nabble.com/