TEXT MODE IDE WAS NOT RUN UNDER FEDORA CORE 5 !!!

TEXT MODE IDE WAS NOT RUN UNDER FEDORA CORE 5 !!!

Andi Purwito
These my freepascal RPMs files installed on my FC5 laptop;
fpc-2.0.2-4.fc5.i386.rpm
fpc-doc-2.0.2-4.fc5.i386.rpm
fpc-src-2.0.2-4.fc5.i386.rpm
everything is ok during install process using rpm -ivh ...
but when i hit fp <enter> on my terminal (including Linux Console), there's nothing progress running. Just my blinking cursor waiting for something, what goes wrong?? And then i try to linux full text mode console using CTRL-ALT-F1, login and hit fp again, there's the same one. Thanks to all pascalholic

Do you Yahoo!?

Re: TEXT MODE IDE WAS NOT RUN UNDER FEDORA CORE 5 !!!

Michael Van Canneyt

On Sun, 16 Jul 2006, Andi Purwito wrote:

> These my freepascal RPMs files installed on my FC5 laptop;
> fpc-2.0.2-4.fc5.i386.rpm
> fpc-doc-2.0.2-4.fc5.i386.rpm
> fpc-src-2.0.2-4.fc5.i386.rpm
> everything is ok during install process using rpm -ivh ...
> but when i hit fp <enter> on my terminal (including Linux Console),
> there's nothing progress running. Just my blinking cursor waiting
> for something, what goes wrong?? And then i try to linux full text
> mode console using CTRL-ALT-F1, login and hit fp again, there's the
> same one. Thanks to all pascalholic

This problem was known and has been solved. We're about to release 2.0.4.
You can download RC1 from the FTP site, and test using that.

Re: TEXT MODE IDE WAS NOT RUN UNDER FEDORA CORE 5 !!!

Tomas Hajny
Michael Van Canneyt wrote:

> On Sun, 16 Jul 2006, Andi Purwito wrote:
>
>> These my freepascal RPMs files installed on my FC5 laptop;
>> fpc-2.0.2-4.fc5.i386.rpm
>> fpc-doc-2.0.2-4.fc5.i386.rpm
>> fpc-src-2.0.2-4.fc5.i386.rpm
>> everything is ok during install process using rpm -ivh ...
>> but when i hit fp <enter> on my terminal (including Linux Console),
>> there's nothing progress running. Just my blinking cursor waiting
>> for something, what goes wrong?? And then i try to linux full text
>> mode console using CTRL-ALT-F1, login and hit fp again, there's the
>> same one. Thanks to all pascalholic
>
> This problem was known and has been solved. We're about to release 2.0.4.
> You can download RC1 from the FTP site, and test using that.

Better wait for RC2 (will be uploaded in next few days).

Tomas

Re: TEXT MODE IDE WAS NOT RUN UNDER FEDORA CORE 5 !!!

Rainer Stratmann
Am Montag, 17. Juli 2006 13:32 schrieb Michael Van Canneyt:

> On Sun, 16 Jul 2006, Andi Purwito wrote:
> > These my freepascal RPMs files installed on my FC5 laptop;
> > fpc-2.0.2-4.fc5.i386.rpm
> > fpc-doc-2.0.2-4.fc5.i386.rpm
> > fpc-src-2.0.2-4.fc5.i386.rpm
> > everything is ok during install process using rpm -ivh ...
> > but when i hit fp <enter> on my terminal (including Linux Console),
> > there's nothing progress running. Just my blinking cursor waiting
> > for something, what goes wrong?? And then i try to linux full text
> > mode console using CTRL-ALT-F1, login and hit fp again, there's the
> > same one. Thanks to all pascalholic
>
> This problem was known and has been solved. We're about to release 2.0.4.
> You can download RC1 from the FTP site, and test using that.

Is it possible to select code in the IDE on Linux?
Shift+Cursor does not work on my PC (Kanotix).

Rainer

On 17 Jul 06, at 22:58, Rainer Stratmann wrote:
> Am Montag, 17. Juli 2006 13:32 schrieb Michael Van Canneyt:
> > On Sun, 16 Jul 2006, Andi Purwito wrote:
 .
 .
> Is it possible to select code in the IDE on Linux?
> Shift+Cursor does not work on my PC (Kanotix).

If nothing else, the Wordstar convention (Ctrl-K-
B for block start, Ctrl-K-K for block end) should
do it.

Tomas