StrUtils unit needs Widestring funcs

AlexeyT
According to one of new issues, StrUtils misses many funcs for
UnicodeString: RPos, RPosEx.... Maybe someone here can help to write.
(In CudaText project I had a bug, when i used RPos on Russian text and
got too big result).

Alexey

Re: StrUtils unit needs Widestring funcs

Michael Van Canneyt

I intend to copy it to ustrutils, which will be compiled with widestrings.
Copying all routines to handle ansi/wide string is no solution.

Michael.

On Fri, 15 Feb 2019, AlexeyT wrote:

> According to one of new issues, StrUtils misses many funcs for
> UnicodeString: RPos, RPosEx.... Maybe someone here can help to write.
> (In CudaText project I had a bug, when i used RPos on Russian text and
> got too big result).
>
> --
> Regards,
> Alexey

Re: StrUtils unit needs Widestring funcs

Free Pascal - General mailing list
Am Fr., 15. Feb. 2019, 18:54 hat Michael Van Canneyt <[hidden email]> geschrieben:

I intend to copy it to ustrutils, which will be compiled with widestrings.
Copying all routines to handle ansi/wide string is no solution.

I hope you mean UnicodeString? The only platform where this is important is Windows, but there it is very important. 😁

On Fri, 15 Feb 2019, Sven Barth via fpc-pascal wrote:

> Am Fr., 15. Feb. 2019, 18:54 hat Michael Van Canneyt <[hidden email]>
> geschrieben:
>

>> I intend to copy it to ustrutils, which will be compiled with widestrings.
>> Copying all routines to handle ansi/wide string is no solution.
>>

> I hope you mean UnicodeString? The only platform where this is important is
> Windows, but there it is very important. 😁
Yes, of course :)