SqlDB + SQL Server's nvarchar support

Firstly, does SqlDB support SQL Server's NVARCHAR type?

Secondly, does it support varchar(max) or nvarchar(max), which some
databases like Firebird use Blob subtype 1 (kind of) instead.

Using the latest released FPC of course.

Regards,
  Graeme

Re: SqlDB + SQL Server's nvarchar support

Michael Van Canneyt

On Tue, 20 Mar 2018, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Firstly, does SqlDB support SQL Server's NVARCHAR type?

As far as I can see, I would think yes.
But I think it will be translated to UTF8.

> Secondly, does it support varchar(max) or nvarchar(max), which some
> databases like Firebird use Blob subtype 1 (kind of) instead.

Yes, strings of too big size will be translated to memo fields.

> Using the latest released FPC of course.

I checked in trunk only, but I don't think anything has changed in this
regard.