Sockets?

Timothy Groves
I have prayed to Google many, many times, but I still cannot find an
answer (or, at least, an answer that compiles).  I want to set up a
dirt-simple network client/server pair.  So simple that all I do is hurl
bytes into a bucket, and they get transferred to the other side.  Does
anyone know of something like that?

Re: Sockets?

Michael Schnell
Synapse makes handling of sockets rather easy.

-Michael

Re: Sockets?

Rainer Stratmann
You can use the sockets library for that.
Examples of sockets programming are available in the internet, mainly in C,
but you can see how it works with that.

On 13-07-17 11:14 AM, Michael Schnell wrote:
> Synapse makes handling of sockets rather easy.
Thanks.  I'll check that one out.

Re: Sockets?

Timothy Groves
On 13-07-17 11:16 AM, Rainer Stratmann wrote:
> You can use the sockets library for that.
> Examples of sockets programming are available in the internet, mainly in C,
> but you can see how it works with that.

I found one that didn't compile.  I managed to clean it up, somewhat
poorly, enough for it to run, but I haven't been able to understand it
yet.  Maybe with a bit more time...

Re: Sockets?

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho
Good things to read:

http://wiki.freepascal.org/Networking

http://wiki.freepascal.org/lNet

http://wiki.freepascal.org/Synapse

none of those contain an example like you ask, however. But it should
be easy to implement with either synapse or lnet. synapse might even
be easier.

--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho

Re: Sockets?

Paul Breneman
On 07/17/2013 10:16 AM, Timothy Groves wrote:
> On 13-07-17 11:14 AM, Michael Schnell wrote:
>> Synapse makes handling of sockets rather easy.
> Thanks.  I'll check that one out.

Here is an easy way to try Free Pascal, fpGUI, and Synapse:
http://www.ctrlterm.com/

Re: Sockets?

leledumbo
Administrator
pascalgeek.blogspot.com/2012/06/encryption-decryption-and-asynchronous.html

Re: Sockets?

shiruba2012

I'll second that,I use Synapse for any internet related things I need to do, and it seems to work great.

Thank you,
   Noah Silva