Sockets Unit Demos - RTL Manual Pg 1056

Jason P Sage
The docs say the socket unit is ported to windows.

The two programs (thereabout pg. 1056) named server and client, do not
seem to work 100%.

I tried on windows - and there was an issue at (what ended up begin line
31 in my server.pas test program from the manual) this line:

If not Accept(S,  FromName,    Sin,    Sout ) Then

The compiler complained about the data type for FromName.

I learn much better when I have a working example - that I can use as a
starting point for experimenting etc.

Does anyone have a simple client/server example of the sockets unit that
will compile on both linux and win32?

Thank you,
Jason P Sage

Re: Sockets Unit Demos - RTL Manual Pg 1056

Tony Pelton
On 3/4/07, Jason P Sage <[hidden email]> wrote:

> If not Accept(S,  FromName,    Sin,    Sout ) Then
>
> The compiler complained about the data type for FromName.

if no one jumps in with the exact answer, i would suggest that you
might get better answers from the list if you :

a) post a complete, but minimal example of source that demonstrates the problem.

b) post the *exact* errors you get when you compile it.

> Jason P Sage

Tony

--
X-SA user ? 0.5.1 is out !