Smartlinking

Carsten Bager
I have built a Windows cross compiler for ARM It is working fine
without smartlinking. When I activate smartlinking I get this error:

Free Pascal Compiler version 2.0.2 [2005/12/16] for arm

Assembling arm2138reg
Assembling with smartlinking arm2138reg
/cygdrive/l/ARMBIN/AR: arm2138reg.slarm2138reg*.o: No such file
or directory

Any good idears how I correct this error.
(I can see there is missing a slash or backslash in the filename, is this
an error in the compiler?)
(Everything works fine under Linux)

Regards Carsten

Re: Smartlinking

Marco van de Voort
> I have built a Windows cross compiler for ARM It is working fine
> without smartlinking. When I activate smartlinking I get this error:
>
> Free Pascal Compiler version 2.0.2 [2005/12/16] for arm
>
> Assembling arm2138reg
> Assembling with smartlinking arm2138reg
> /cygdrive/l/ARMBIN/AR: arm2138reg.slarm2138reg*.o: No such file
> or directory
>
> Any good idears how I correct this error.
> (I can see there is missing a slash or backslash in the filename, is this
> an error in the compiler?)
> (Everything works fine under Linux)

Sounds like there was a backslash there, but the cygwin tools ate them. This
is a problem in the cygwin tools.

Try to avoid cygwin binutils, and use mingw ones if available. There is a
reason why we ship mingw ones :-)

P.s. have a look at the
pub/fpc/contrib/cross/ directory.

Re: Smartlinking

Peter Vreman
> I have built a Windows cross compiler for ARM It is working fine
> without smartlinking. When I activate smartlinking I get this error:
>
> Free Pascal Compiler version 2.0.2 [2005/12/16] for arm
>
> Assembling arm2138reg
> Assembling with smartlinking arm2138reg
> /cygdrive/l/ARMBIN/AR: arm2138reg.slarm2138reg*.o: No such file
> or directory
>
> Any good idears how I correct this error.
> (I can see there is missing a slash or backslash in the filename, is this
> an error in the compiler?)
> (Everything works fine under Linux)

You are using cygwin, this is a mixture of windows and unix. There is no
explicit support for it in fpc so there can be failures under win32
because fpc expects a cmd.exe shell and not a unix like sh shell.

Re: Smartlinking

Carsten Bager
> > I have built a Windows cross compiler for ARM It is working fine
> > without smartlinking. When I activate smartlinking I get this error:
> >
> > Free Pascal Compiler version 2.0.2 [2005/12/16] for arm
> >
> > Assembling arm2138reg
> > Assembling with smartlinking arm2138reg
> > /cygdrive/l/ARMBIN/AR: arm2138reg.slarm2138reg*.o: No such file
> > or directory
> >
> > Any good idears how I correct this error.
> > (I can see there is missing a slash or backslash in the filename, is this
> > an error in the compiler?)
> > (Everything works fine under Linux)
>
> Sounds like there was a backslash there, but the cygwin tools ate them. This
> is a problem in the cygwin tools.
>
> Try to avoid cygwin binutils, and use mingw ones if available. There is a
> reason why we ship mingw ones :-)
>
> P.s. have a look at the
> pub/fpc/contrib/cross/ directory.

In the file win32crossbinutils2005.zip I found what I needed
Thank you

Regards Carsten

--
graphic