Skybuck's ODE approved by sourceforge :)

Skybuck's ODE approved by sourceforge :)

Skybuck Flying
Hello,

My project called: Skybuck's ODE is getting off the ground :)

The project's website, source code, collobaration support is located at:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/skybuckode/

For now one type of job is available:

Syntax highlighting based on SynEdit.

More info is in the help forum.

So if you interested in a new, fast open IDE for compilers check out that
website regularly :)

Bye,
  Skybuck.

Re: Skybuck's ODE approved by sourceforge :)

Bugzilla from daniel.mantione@freepascal.org

Op Tue, 12 Feb 2008, schreef Skybuck Flying:

> Hello,
>
> My project called: Skybuck's ODE is getting off the ground :)
>
> The project's website, source code, collobaration support is located at:
>
> https://sourceforge.net/projects/skybuckode/
>
> For now one type of job is available:
>
> Syntax highlighting based on SynEdit.
>
> More info is in the help forum.
If you would have taken a look at Lazarus, you would have found that
Lazarus already has implemented Pascal highlighting for SynEdit and that
you are doing double work.

> So if you interested in a new, fast open IDE for compilers check out that
> website regularly :)

If it becomes better than Lazarus (which may happen if you find time and
spirit to work on it for a few years), I'm sure people will be
interrested. But let that not distract you, all big projects have started
from scratch once, including Free Pascal itself (which was originally
planned as a 3 month project by Florian).

Daniël

remote mysql connection

Wolfram Kläger
I am trying to get access to a remote MySQL database via sqldb and
mysql50conn, ending up with 'EDatabaseError, Server connect failed.'

Probably naive to assume, the fcl-db units work with a remote server as
well as with localhost. For FTP up-/downloads I am using the Synapse
toolkit successfully. Can anybody provide a working demo, how to mysql
over synapse, or how to connect to a remote MySQL server at all?

Any help appreciated
Wolfram

Re: remote mysql connection

Michael Van Canneyt

On Tue, 12 Feb 2008, Wolfram Kläger wrote:

> I am trying to get access to a remote MySQL database via sqldb and
> mysql50conn, ending up with 'EDatabaseError, Server connect failed.'
>
> Probably naive to assume, the fcl-db units work with a remote server as
> well as with localhost. For FTP up-/downloads I am using the Synapse
> toolkit successfully. Can anybody provide a working demo, how to mysql
> over synapse, or how to connect to a remote MySQL server at all?

The fcl-db units should work out of the box with remote servers;
I use them like that.

Just set hostname, databasename, username/password and that should be it.
Make sure that
a) the mysql server is listening to remote requests.
b) the default mysql port is correct.
   (if not, add a port=xyz line to the Params property)
c) the user has permissions to connect to the database
d) the server doesn't run a firewall that blocks access.

Re: remote mysql connection

Leonardo M. Ramé
Are you trying to connect to a MySql server included in a Shared Hosting account?

In most cases, those servers doesn't allow remote MySql connection, just from localhost (local to
the remote server). With that, you can use a CGI script located inside the shared host and connect
to MySql.

An alternative is to create a CGI that send/retrieve queries to MySql and respond with something
like ClientDatasets to be processed by an external application using Synapse, Indy or lNet.

Leonardo.

--- Michael Van Canneyt <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Tue, 12 Feb 2008, Wolfram Kläger wrote:
>
> > I am trying to get access to a remote MySQL database via sqldb and
> > mysql50conn, ending up with 'EDatabaseError, Server connect failed.'
> >
> > Probably naive to assume, the fcl-db units work with a remote server as
> > well as with localhost. For FTP up-/downloads I am using the Synapse
> > toolkit successfully. Can anybody provide a working demo, how to mysql
> > over synapse, or how to connect to a remote MySQL server at all?
>
> The fcl-db units should work out of the box with remote servers;
> I use them like that.
>
> Just set hostname, databasename, username/password and that should be it.
> Make sure that
> a) the mysql server is listening to remote requests.
> b) the default mysql port is correct.
>    (if not, add a port=xyz line to the Params property)
> c) the user has permissions to connect to the database
> d) the server doesn't run a firewall that blocks access.
>
> Michael.> _______________________________________________

Re: Skybuck's ODE approved by sourceforge :)

Marco van de Voort
> Lazarus=waste of time for me.

Well, I tried alternatives for Lazarus like e.g. this ODE thing :

https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=217653

and they didn't even had a readily usable release.

Re: Skybuck's ODE approved by sourceforge :)

etrusco
On Feb 12, 2008 6:12 PM, Skybuck Flying <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Lazarus=waste of time for me.
>

> Bye,
>   Skybuck.

Err, forgive me the (somewhat deserved) rudeness, but may I reply "And
all these tenths of your nonsense messages = waste of time for
everybody else"...

-Flávio

PS. Disregard my message if you are on any kind of medication ;-)

Re: Skybuck's ODE approved by sourceforge :)

Marco Alvarado
What about creating an Eclipse add-on for FPC, instead of writing a
Lazarus-like editor (that's what you seem to be doing) from scratch. I
just think, if a whole team of talented people have spend so much time
creating such tool, and are still developing it, do you think you can
finish it... someday?

[ADMIN] Rudeness etc

> Err, forgive me the (somewhat deserved) rudeness

Ok people, that's enough for now. Please stop both posting flame
baits, and replying to flame baits with other flame baits.

Thank you.

Jonas
FPC mailing lists admin

Re: Skybuck's ODE approved by sourceforge :)

Florian Klämpfl
Marco Alvarado schrieb:
> What about creating an Eclipse add-on for FPC, instead of writing a
> Lazarus-like editor (that's what you seem to be doing) from scratch. I
> just think, if a whole team of talented people have spend so much time
> creating such tool, and are still developing it, do you think you can
> finish it... someday?

What advantage would it have? Having another editor? The main work is
the tight integration of fpc/fcl/lcl and this won't be easier with
eclipse not taking into care that people knowing pascal and java very
good are probably really rare.

Re: Skybuck's ODE approved by sourceforge :)

Marco Alvarado
Just wanted to show that creating another editor have no sense. :D I
keep with Lazarus.

2008/2/12, Florian Klaempfl <[hidden email]>:

> Marco Alvarado schrieb:
> > What about creating an Eclipse add-on for FPC, instead of writing a
> > Lazarus-like editor (that's what you seem to be doing) from scratch. I
> > just think, if a whole team of talented people have spend so much time
> > creating such tool, and are still developing it, do you think you can
> > finish it... someday?
>
> What advantage would it have? Having another editor? The main work is
> the tight integration of fpc/fcl/lcl and this won't be easier with
> eclipse not taking into care that people knowing pascal and java very
> good are probably really rare.

Re: Skybuck's ODE approved by sourceforge :)

Skybuck Flying
Look in the subversion folder.

Current version is 0.04

Bye,
  Skybuck.

>> Lazarus=waste of time for me.
>
> Well, I tried alternatives for Lazarus like e.g. this ODE thing :
>
> https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=217653
>
> and they didn't even had a readily usable release.

Re: Skybuck's ODE approved by sourceforge :)

Giuliano Colla
Skybuck Flying ha scritto:
> Look in the subversion folder.
>
> Current version is 0.04

I gave a look. The only code I found there is:

  94 procedure TForm1.FileListBox1Click(Sender: TObject);
   95 begin
   96     if FileExists( FileListBox1.FileName ) then
   97     begin
   98         SynEditor.Lines.LoadFromFile( FileListBox1.FileName );
   99         SynEditor.Gutter.DigitCount := Floor( Log10(
SynEditor.Lines.Count ) ) + 1 + 1; // one extra for possible growth
during editing :)
  100     end;
  101 end;

A good start, but not very impressive, if it took 4 updates to get
there. :-)

Regards,

Giuliano

Re: Skybuck's ODE approved by sourceforge :)

Skybuck Flying
Lol funny.

Lot's of gui tweaks, it's *nice* :)

That's the magic of Delphi :)

Bye,
  Skybuck.

> Skybuck Flying ha scritto:
>> Look in the subversion folder.
>>
>> Current version is 0.04
>>
> I gave a look. The only code I found there is:
>
>  94 procedure TForm1.FileListBox1Click(Sender: TObject);
>   95 begin
>   96     if FileExists( FileListBox1.FileName ) then
>   97     begin
>   98         SynEditor.Lines.LoadFromFile( FileListBox1.FileName );
>   99         SynEditor.Gutter.DigitCount := Floor( Log10(
> SynEditor.Lines.Count ) ) + 1 + 1; // one extra for possible growth
> during editing :)
>  100     end;
>  101 end;
>
> A good start, but not very impressive, if it took 4 updates to get
> there. :-)
>
> Regards,
>
> Giuliano

Re: remote mysql connection

Wolfram Kläger
// Michael Van Canneyt, 12.02.2008 20:08

> On Tue, 12 Feb 2008, Wolfram Kläger wrote:
>
>> I am trying to get access to a remote MySQL database via sqldb and
>> mysql50conn, ending up with 'EDatabaseError, Server connect failed.'
> Make sure that
> a) the mysql server is listening to remote requests.
> b) the default mysql port is correct.
>    (if not, add a port=xyz line to the Params property)
> c) the user has permissions to connect to the database
> d) the server doesn't run a firewall that blocks access.

I tried everything ?!

a) /etc/ssh/sshd_config: AllowTcpForwarding activated
b) def. port 3306 is ok, Params.Add('port=anyother') as well
c) several users, excl. root, granted all privileges on mysql command
line, via PHPmyAdmin, ... everything alright, but SSH only
d) Plesk 8.1 firewall on server allows SSH, but blocks MySQL ports

Yes, it's a shared server, but instead of creating a CGI workaround, as
Leonardo proposed, I feel tunnel forwarding would be more appropriate.
Tried to do so by using the Putty command line tool

plink ... -L 3306:127.0.0.1:3306 ...

But then in a second cmd window, telnet 127.0.0.1 3306 returns empty,
and plink says in the first window "forwarded connection refused by
server ... failed". Same with my .pas application, of course, trying to
connect to 127.0.0.1 instead of remote host.

Admitted, this is no fpc problem. Any hint, anyway?

Thanks in advance
Wolfram
--
Wolfram Kläger  Wrangellstrasse 11  D-70599 Stuttgart
Tel. (+49) 0711 31 944 39  Fax (+49) 0711 31 944 37

Re: remote mysql connection

Leonardo M. Ramé
mmmm, I doubt a shared hosting allows him to connect via SSH.

Leonardo.
--- Wolfram Kläger <[hidden email]> wrote:

> // Michael Van Canneyt, 12.02.2008 20:08
> >
> > On Tue, 12 Feb 2008, Wolfram Kläger wrote:
> >
> >> I am trying to get access to a remote MySQL database via sqldb and
> >> mysql50conn, ending up with 'EDatabaseError, Server connect failed.'
> > Make sure that
> > a) the mysql server is listening to remote requests.
> > b) the default mysql port is correct.
> >    (if not, add a port=xyz line to the Params property)
> > c) the user has permissions to connect to the database
> > d) the server doesn't run a firewall that blocks access.
>
> I tried everything ?!
>
> a) /etc/ssh/sshd_config: AllowTcpForwarding activated
> b) def. port 3306 is ok, Params.Add('port=anyother') as well
> c) several users, excl. root, granted all privileges on mysql command
> line, via PHPmyAdmin, ... everything alright, but SSH only
> d) Plesk 8.1 firewall on server allows SSH, but blocks MySQL ports
>
> Yes, it's a shared server, but instead of creating a CGI workaround, as
> Leonardo proposed, I feel tunnel forwarding would be more appropriate.
> Tried to do so by using the Putty command line tool
>
> plink ... -L 3306:127.0.0.1:3306 ...
>
> But then in a second cmd window, telnet 127.0.0.1 3306 returns empty,
> and plink says in the first window "forwarded connection refused by
> server ... failed". Same with my .pas application, of course, trying to
> connect to 127.0.0.1 instead of remote host.
>
> Admitted, this is no fpc problem. Any hint, anyway?
>
> Thanks in advance
> Wolfram
> --
> Wolfram Kläger  Wrangellstrasse 11  D-70599 Stuttgart
> Tel. (+49) 0711 31 944 39  Fax (+49) 0711 31 944 37

Re: remote mysql connection

Mattias Gaertner
On Wed, 13 Feb 2008 19:20:59 +0100
Wolfram Kläger <[hidden email]> wrote:

> // Michael Van Canneyt, 12.02.2008 20:08
> >
> > On Tue, 12 Feb 2008, Wolfram Kläger wrote:
> >
> >> I am trying to get access to a remote MySQL database via sqldb and
> >> mysql50conn, ending up with 'EDatabaseError, Server connect
> >> failed.'
> > Make sure that
> > a) the mysql server is listening to remote requests.
> > b) the default mysql port is correct.
> >    (if not, add a port=xyz line to the Params property)
> > c) the user has permissions to connect to the database
> > d) the server doesn't run a firewall that blocks access.
>
> I tried everything ?!
>
> a) /etc/ssh/sshd_config: AllowTcpForwarding activated
> b) def. port 3306 is ok, Params.Add('port=anyother') as well
> c) several users, excl. root, granted all privileges on mysql command
> line, via PHPmyAdmin, ... everything alright, but SSH only
> d) Plesk 8.1 firewall on server allows SSH, but blocks MySQL ports
>
> Yes, it's a shared server, but instead of creating a CGI workaround,
> as Leonardo proposed, I feel tunnel forwarding would be more
> appropriate. Tried to do so by using the Putty command line tool
>
> plink ... -L 3306:127.0.0.1:3306 ...

Maybe
plink ... -L 3306:server_name:3306 ...

?

> But then in a second cmd window, telnet 127.0.0.1 3306 returns empty,
> and plink says in the first window "forwarded connection refused by
> server ... failed". Same with my .pas application, of course, trying
> to connect to 127.0.0.1 instead of remote host.
>
> Admitted, this is no fpc problem. Any hint, anyway?

Re: remote mysql connection

Wolfram Kläger
// Mattias Gaertner, 13.02.2008 19:51
>> plink ... -L 3306:127.0.0.1:3306 ...
>
> Maybe
> plink ... -L 3306:server_name:3306 ...
>
> ?

You mean 'localhost'?

Fails, too. FPC still returns 'EDatabaseError, Server connect failed.'
and in the plink window I see an additional

'Opening forwarded connection to HOSTNAME:3306, Forwarded connection
refused by server: Connect failed [connection refused]'

Wolfram