Quantcast

Simple beep sound Linux

Rainer Stratmann
How to program a simple beep in Linux.

Now I have a mainboard which has a speaker, but needs to program using the
sound device, I guess. Crt sound() does not work in this case.

Is there another solution as easy as sound() in the crt unit?

Re: Simple beep sound Linux

Tomas Hajny-2
On Wed, April 24, 2013 19:42, Rainer Stratmann wrote:
> How to program a simple beep in Linux.
>
> Now I have a mainboard which has a speaker, but needs to program using the
> sound device, I guess. Crt sound() does not work in this case.
>
> Is there another solution as easy as sound() in the crt unit?

If talking about a simple console application not using unit Crt, you can
issue a beep using "Write (#7)". Google helps you in finding various
gotchas/limitations of this solution though (this topic has been discussed
before, search for FPC, Linux, SysUtils.Beep and "Write (#7)").

Tomas