Serial Programming

Rainer Stratmann
Hello,

porting to the new 2.1.4 Version, I tried to convert the serial stuff, because
there is nomore oldlinux unit.
I can not find the equivalent unit(s) for the serial stuff.
Is there someone who is serial interface experienced?

Kind regards

Rainer

Re: Serial Programming

Luca Olivetti-2
En/na Rainer Stratmann ha escrit:
> Hello,
>
> porting to the new 2.1.4 Version, I tried to convert the serial stuff, because
> there is nomore oldlinux unit.
> I can not find the equivalent unit(s) for the serial stuff.
> Is there someone who is serial interface experienced?

I've used synaser in the past (and I plan using it again):

http://synapse.ararat.cz/

Bye
--
Luca

Re: Serial Programming

Lukas Gebauer
> I've used synaser in the past (and I plan using it again):
>
> http://synapse.ararat.cz/

See for Synaser version hidden in latest SynaSnap package too.

This new testing version have removed Libc dependency on Freepascal, it
is usable on Win32 and many linux/unix based platforms.

--
Lukas Gebauer.

E-mail: [hidden email]
WEB: http://www.ararat.cz/synapse - Synapse Delphi and Kylix TCP/IP
Library

Re: Serial Programming

> porting to the new 2.1.4 Version, I tried to convert the serial stuff, because
> there is nomore oldlinux unit.
> I can not find the equivalent unit(s) for the serial stuff.
> Is there someone who is serial interface experienced?

The terminal IO stuff in unit Linux moved to unit termio, and was cleaned up
and expanded.

Re: Serial Programming

Rainer Stratmann
Am Sonntag, 3. Juni 2007 09:38 schrieb Marco van de Voort:
> > porting to the new 2.1.4 Version, I tried to convert the serial stuff,
> > because there is nomore oldlinux unit.
> > I can not find the equivalent unit(s) for the serial stuff.
> > Is there someone who is serial interface experienced?
>
> The terminal IO stuff in unit Linux moved to unit termio, and was cleaned
> up and expanded.

Yes, this work now also like before, thanks.

Is there existing simple example code for accessing the serial interface?

Kind regards,
Rainer

Re: Serial Programming

Marco van de Voort
> Am Sonntag, 3. Juni 2007 09:38 schrieb Marco van de Voort:
> > > porting to the new 2.1.4 Version, I tried to convert the serial stuff,
> > > because there is nomore oldlinux unit.
> > > I can not find the equivalent unit(s) for the serial stuff.
> > > Is there someone who is serial interface experienced?
> >
> > The terminal IO stuff in unit Linux moved to unit termio, and was cleaned
> > up and expanded.
>
> Yes, this work now also like before, thanks.
>
> Is there existing simple example code for accessing the serial interface?

Only unit serial I guess. And maybe fpasync in the fcl.

Re: Serial Programming

Marc Santhoff
Am Sonntag, den 03.06.2007, 12:38 +0200 schrieb Rainer Stratmann:

> Am Sonntag, 3. Juni 2007 09:38 schrieb Marco van de Voort:
> > > porting to the new 2.1.4 Version, I tried to convert the serial stuff,
> > > because there is nomore oldlinux unit.
> > > I can not find the equivalent unit(s) for the serial stuff.
> > > Is there someone who is serial interface experienced?
> >
> > The terminal IO stuff in unit Linux moved to unit termio, and was cleaned
> > up and expanded.
>
> Yes, this work now also like before, thanks.
>
> Is there existing simple example code for accessing the serial interface?

I've been doing some very, very simple communications on three wires
without any handshake using the serial unit (rtl/unix or baseunix or so)
using 2.0.4. If that is sufficient I could show some code snippet.

But there is a sophisticated text on serial communications, "Serial
Programming Guide for POSIX Operating Systems" by Michael R. Sweet, that
has nearly anything. Search on the Web, IIRC it has it's own site.

HTH,
Marc