SDL_Net vs Synapse

Brian
Any opinions/experience pro/con using SDL2 (SDL_Net) vs Synapse (http://synapse.ararat.cz/doku.php) ?

Thanks
Brian

Re: SDL_Net vs Synapse

Daniel Gaspary
On Mon, Jan 5, 2015 at 1:23 PM, Brian <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Any opinions/experience pro/con using SDL2 (SDL_Net) vs Synapse
> (http://synapse.ararat.cz/doku.php) ?

Does SDL2 net FPC binding exist?

The non-existence would be a big con.

Re: SDL_Net vs Synapse

Sandro Cumerlato
Pascal-SDL-2-Headers can be found on GitHub at:

Sandro

On 5 January 2015 at 17:03, Daniel Gaspary <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Mon, Jan 5, 2015 at 1:23 PM, Brian <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Any opinions/experience pro/con using SDL2 (SDL_Net) vs Synapse
> (http://synapse.ararat.cz/doku.php) ?

Does SDL2 net FPC binding exist?

The non-existence would be a big con.

Re: SDL_Net vs Synapse

Daniel Gaspary
On Mon, Jan 5, 2015 at 2:44 PM, Sandro Cumerlato
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Pascal-SDL-2-Headers can be found on GitHub at:
>
> https://github.com/ev1313/Pascal-SDL-2-Headers

Good to know. Thank you for sharing, Sandro.

Is it a fork from another older version that was posted here?

Re: SDL_Net vs Synapse

fredvs
Hello Sandro and many thanks for the link.

Hum, i do not know SDL, is it a alternative to PortAudio ?
Does it deal with mp3 and other audio formats ?

Thanks.

Fre;D
Many thanks ;-)

Re: SDL_Net vs Synapse

Brian
SDL2 Headers also available here ...

http://sourceforge.net/projects/sdl2fpc/

Re: SDL_Net vs Synapse

Daniel Gaspary
On Mon, Jan 5, 2015 at 4:55 PM, Brian <[hidden email]> wrote:
> SDL2 Headers also available here ...
>
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/sdl2fpc/

We'll end the day knowing new two up to date SDL2 binding projects.

Thank you, Brian

Re: SDL_Net vs Synapse

On 2015-01-05 15:23, Brian wrote:
> Any opinions/experience pro/con using SDL2 (SDL_Net) vs Synapse
> (http://synapse.ararat.cz/doku.php) ?

I don't know the SDL_Net, but if it is anything like the existing SDL
support (which I have used before) then there is one big down side for
me. You need to ship extra libraries with your application. With Synapse
everything is in pure Object Pascal and compiles all into the
executable. The latter is a big plus point for me.