Rest in peace Martin Schreiber

Graeme Geldenhuys-6
Hi everybody,

Today I became aware of very sad news. Martin Schreiber, author of the
MSEide+MSEgui project, has unexpected succumbed of cardiac arrest on 29
November 2018. He was an avid FPC and Pascal Language supporter, and
very knowledgeable in his field. He will definitely be missed by many.
Our hearts and prayers go out to his family and friends.

Rest in peace Martin Schreiber.

Regards,
  Graeme

Re: Rest in peace Martin Schreiber

Dennis

Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> Today I became aware of very sad news. Martin Schreiber, author of the
> MSEide+MSEgui project, has unexpected succumbed of cardiac arrest on 29
> November 2018. He was an avid FPC and Pascal Language supporter, and
> very knowledgeable in his field. He will definitely be missed by many.
> Our hearts and prayers go out to his family and friends.
>
> Rest in peace Martin Schreiber.
>

> Regards,
>    Graeme

That is horrible news. How can someone pass away so suddenly? So sad.
My condolences to his friends and family.

Dennis

Re: Rest in peace Martin Schreiber

Santiago A.
El 27/12/18 a las 00:49, Graeme Geldenhuys escribió:

> Hi everybody,
>
> Today I became aware of very sad news. Martin Schreiber, author of the
> MSEide+MSEgui project, has unexpected succumbed of cardiac arrest on 29
> November 2018. He was an avid FPC and Pascal Language supporter, and
> very knowledgeable in his field. He will definitely be missed by many.
> Our hearts and prayers go out to his family and friends.
>
> Rest in peace Martin Schreiber.
>

> Regards,
>    Graeme

Oh my! what a sad and unexpected news!
My condolences to his friends and family.
How old was he?

--
Saludos

Santiago A.

On 27/12/2018 09:03, Santiago A. wrote:
> How old was he?

I have no idea, but someone from the MSEgui mailing list estimated
between 50-60, based on an interview posted here.

  https://pascal.developpez.com/interviews/martin-schreiber/en/

Regards,
  Graeme

Re: Rest in peace Martin Schreiber

Joost van der Sluis
Op 27-12-18 om 00:49 schreef Graeme Geldenhuys:
> Today I became aware of very sad news. Martin Schreiber, author of the
> MSEide+MSEgui project, has unexpected succumbed of cardiac arrest on 29
> November 2018.

This his really sad. For himself, his family and friends.

He also will be missed by the people from the MSEIde ans MSEgui
projects. And the Free Pascal community as a whole.

Who is gonna guard the compiler speed for us now?

Really sad,

Joost.

Re: Rest in peace Martin Schreiber

Bart-48
On Thu, Dec 27, 2018 at 4:48 AM Dennis <[hidden email]> wrote:

> > Rest in peace Martin Schreiber.

That's very sad news indeed.
--
Bart

Re: Rest in peace Martin Schreiber

R0b0t1
On Thu, Dec 27, 2018 at 7:02 PM Bart <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 27, 2018 at 4:48 AM Dennis <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > > Rest in peace Martin Schreiber.
>
> That's very sad news indeed.

Oh no

Re: Rest in peace Martin Schreiber

Florian Klämpfl
Am 27.12.2018 um 00:49 schrieb Graeme Geldenhuys:
> Hi everybody,
>
> Today I became aware of very sad news. Martin Schreiber, author of the
> MSEide+MSEgui project, has unexpected succumbed of cardiac arrest on 29
> November 2018.

Sad to hear. All the best to his family and friends.

Rest in peace Martin.

Re: Rest in peace Martin Schreiber

Vincenzo Campanella
Il 27.12.2018 19:37, Florian Klämpfl ha scritto:

> Am 27.12.2018 um 00:49 schrieb Graeme Geldenhuys:
>> Hi everybody,
>>
>> Today I became aware of very sad news. Martin Schreiber, author of the
>> MSEide+MSEgui project, has unexpected succumbed of cardiac arrest on 29
>> November 2018.
>
> Sad to hear. All the best to his family and friends.
>
> Rest in peace Martin.

R.I.P. :(

Re: Rest in peace Martin Schreiber

Marco van de Voort-2
Op 2018-12-27 om 12:10 schreef Joost van der Sluis:
> Op 27-12-18 om 00:49 schreef Graeme Geldenhuys:
>> Today I became aware of very sad news. Martin Schreiber, author of the
>> MSEide+MSEgui project, has unexpected succumbed of cardiac arrest on 29
>> November 2018.
>
> This his really sad. For himself, his family and friends.

Indeed.

> He also will be missed by the people from the MSEIde ans MSEgui
> projects. And the Free Pascal community as a whole.
>
> Who is gonna guard the compiler speed for us now?

Hehe.

He also did quite some good work in the classes unit component streaming
rewrite, and was a quite active bugreporter to those subjects in the
early years.

He will be missed.

Re: Rest in peace Martin Schreiber

Nataraj S Narayan
RIP Martin!

Nataraj S Narayan
Synergy Info Systems
Software & Technology Consultants
Ettumanoor, INDIA
Ph:+91 9443211326

On Thu, Dec 27, 2018 at 9:18 AM Dennis <[hidden email]> wrote:

Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> Today I became aware of very sad news. Martin Schreiber, author of the
> MSEide+MSEgui project, has unexpected succumbed of cardiac arrest on 29
> November 2018. He was an avid FPC and Pascal Language supporter, and
> very knowledgeable in his field. He will definitely be missed by many.
> Our hearts and prayers go out to his family and friends.
>
> Rest in peace Martin Schreiber.
>

> Regards,
>    Graeme

That is horrible news. How can someone pass away so suddenly? So sad.
My condolences to his friends and family.

Dennis

Re: Rest in peace Martin Schreiber

Ched
I'm always thinking that there is a small region of Paradise dedicated to the ones who write in Pascal -
and then of course also for the ones who write the compiler and what's around.

In fact, this small region of comfort and joice is in fact _already_ on the Earth !

Ched'

Le 28.12.2018 à 13:53, Nataraj S Narayan a écrit :

> RIP Martin!
>
> Nataraj S Narayan
> Synergy Info Systems
> Software & Technology Consultants
> Ettumanoor, INDIA
> Ph:+91 9443211326
>

> On Thu, Dec 27, 2018 at 9:18 AM Dennis <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>

>     Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
>      > Hi everybody,
>      >
>      > Today I became aware of very sad news. Martin Schreiber, author of the
>      > MSEide+MSEgui project, has unexpected succumbed of cardiac arrest on 29
>      > November 2018. He was an avid FPC and Pascal Language supporter, and
>      > very knowledgeable in his field. He will definitely be missed by many.
>      > Our hearts and prayers go out to his family and friends.
>      >
>      > Rest in peace Martin Schreiber.
>      >
>      >
>      > Regards,
>      >    Graeme
>      >
>     That is horrible news. How can someone pass away so suddenly? So sad.
>     My condolences to his friends and family.
>
>     Dennis

Re: Rest in peace Martin Schreiber

duilio foschi
"No man is an island, entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main; if a clod be washed away by the sea, Europe is the less, as well as if a promontory were, as well as if a manor of thy friends or of thine own were; any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind; and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee" [John Donne]

RIP

Il giorno ven 28 dic 2018 alle ore 15:47 Ched <[hidden email]> ha scritto:
I'm always thinking that there is a small region of Paradise dedicated to the ones who write in Pascal -
and then of course also for the ones who write the compiler and what's around.

In fact, this small region of comfort and joice is in fact _already_ on the Earth !

Ched'

Le 28.12.2018 à 13:53, Nataraj S Narayan a écrit :
> RIP Martin!
>
> Nataraj S Narayan
> Synergy Info Systems
> Software & Technology Consultants
> Ettumanoor, INDIA
> Ph:+91 9443211326
>

> On Thu, Dec 27, 2018 at 9:18 AM Dennis <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>

>     Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
>      > Hi everybody,
>      >
>      > Today I became aware of very sad news. Martin Schreiber, author of the
>      > MSEide+MSEgui project, has unexpected succumbed of cardiac arrest on 29
>      > November 2018. He was an avid FPC and Pascal Language supporter, and
>      > very knowledgeable in his field. He will definitely be missed by many.
>      > Our hearts and prayers go out to his family and friends.
>      >
>      > Rest in peace Martin Schreiber.
>      >
>      >
>      > Regards,
>      >    Graeme
>      >
>     That is horrible news. How can someone pass away so suddenly? So sad.
>     My condolences to his friends and family.
>
>     Dennis

Re: Rest in peace Martin Schreiber

Dennis
Just wondering whether the deceased's family requires any financial
assistance?
If yes, maybe we can throw a fund raiser.

Dennis