Recursive unit/include search path

L505
-Fu/home/me/project1/units/*.*

Is there an existing recursive option like this for -Fu and -Fi?

Could be useful, but dangerous if directories contain different versions of the source
file in different places.

Still, in many projects I get sick of continually adding new directories to the search
path - and in many projects there are not more than one version of a source file kicking
around.

Re: Recursive unit/include search path

Marco van de Voort

> -Fu/home/me/project1/units/*.*

Use a single asterisk and quote it in Linux to avoid shell expansion.

Re: Recursive unit/include search path

Peter Vreman
> -Fu/home/me/project1/units/*.*
>
> Is there an existing recursive option like this for -Fu and -Fi?
>
> Could be useful, but dangerous if directories contain different versions
> of the source
> file in different places.
>
> Still, in many projects I get sick of continually adding new directories
> to the search
> path - and in many projects there are not more than one version of a
> source file kicking
> around.

There is only simple wildcard support like:

-Fu/home/fpc/packages/base/*/units/$fpctarget

Recursive is too error prone and therefor not usefull

Re: Recursive unit/include search path

L505
> -Fu/home/fpc/packages/base/*/units/$fpctarget
>
> Recursive is too error prone and therefor not usefull

thanx to all who replied, that's what I was looking for, not true recursive, just
wildcards