Re: Super Large Integer Math Calculations (fwd)

Re: Super Large Integer Math Calculations (fwd)

Michael Van Canneyt

Forwarded at request of [hidden email]:

--------

On Fri, 7 Jul 2017, [hidden email] wrote:

> For integers beyond 64 bit, or even beyond 32 bit on a 64 bit machine, why
> can't the math be broken down into peices the way a human does it on paper,
> and then theoretically any number can be added and subtracted, even if it is
> beyond 32/64 bit?

An alternative unit in i386 assembler and base 2^32 for big integers:
http://spazioinwind.libero.it/frm/software/bigint.zip

Here there is also a floating-point multiprecision unit up to 5000 digits:
http://spazioinwind.libero.it/frm/software/mpcalc-7.4.zip

Franco

Re: Super Large Integer Math Calculations (fwd)

noreply
On 2017-07-09 04:36, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:

> Forwarded at request of [hidden email]:
>
> --------
>
> On Fri, 7 Jul 2017, [hidden email] wrote:
>
>> For integers beyond 64 bit, or even beyond 32 bit on a 64 bit machine,
>> why can't the math be broken down into peices the way a human does it
>> on paper, and then theoretically any number can be added and
>> subtracted, even if it is beyond 32/64 bit?
>
> An alternative unit in i386 assembler and base 2^32 for big integers:
> http://spazioinwind.libero.it/frm/software/bigint.zip
>
> Here there is also a floating-point multiprecision unit up to 5000
> digits:
> http://spazioinwind.libero.it/frm/software/mpcalc-7.4.zip
>
> Franco

Would be good to put this on github so I don't forget about it when I
need it (upcoming projects in Math require some massively large numbers
to work with)..

Franco is not using Github for this?

The webpage of these projects seems to be here:
http://www.polarhome.com:793/~franco/

On Tue, 11 Jul 2017, [hidden email] wrote:

> On 2017-07-09 04:36, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:
>> Forwarded at request of [hidden email]:
>>
>> --------
>>
>> On Fri, 7 Jul 2017, [hidden email] wrote:
>>
>>> For integers beyond 64 bit, or even beyond 32 bit on a 64 bit machine,
>>> why can't the math be broken down into peices the way a human does it
>>> on paper, and then theoretically any number can be added and
>>> subtracted, even if it is beyond 32/64 bit?
>>
>> An alternative unit in i386 assembler and base 2^32 for big integers:
>> http://spazioinwind.libero.it/frm/software/bigint.zip
>>
>> Here there is also a floating-point multiprecision unit up to 5000
>> digits:
>> http://spazioinwind.libero.it/frm/software/mpcalc-7.4.zip
>>
>> Franco
>
> Would be good to put this on github so I don't forget about it when I
> need it (upcoming projects in Math require some massively large numbers
> to work with)..
>
> Franco is not using Github for this?

It is even on the FPC ftp server; see contrib directory.

Re: Super Large Integer Math Calculations

noreply
Here is another utility for really large numbers:

https://github.com/graemeg/freepascal/tree/master/packages/gmp

GMP (multi precision) bindings for fpc

This has been around for quite a while and should be well known - I
either forgot about it, or memory faded, or it didn't register in my
mind