Raspberry Pi3B - often EBusError: Bus error or misaligned data access

Raspberry Pi3B - often EBusError: Bus error or misaligned data access

Free Pascal - General mailing list
Hello All,

With the 3.2.0-RC1 on a Raspberry PiB running raspbian, most of my software which ran very well when
compiled with fpc 3.0.4 do stop with the error in title when or near a seek() is done in a structured
binary file. I tryed first -O3 then -O2 then -O1 then no optimisation option without success.

Do some peoples encounter the same difficulties ?

Kindest regards, Ched'

Re: Raspberry Pi3B - often EBusError: Bus error or misaligned data access

Pierre Muller
Hi Ched,

  I run nightly testsuite on a raspberry PiB,
and I did not see anything like that.

  Would it be possible for you to send here a simple source file that
shows this behavior together with an explicit command line
for the compilation, to be sure of the precise options you are using:

  To be really useful, this command line should use the '-n'
option, which prevents loading of your local .fpc.cfg or /etc/fpc.cfg.

  Of course, adding this option will force you to also add explicit -Fu/explicit/dir/to/rtl/units/for/arm-linux-target
option so that the compiler finds the rtl units.

  For me, I have fixes installed in $HOME/pas/fixes directory,

typically I use "-n -Fu$HOME/pas/fixes/fpcsrc/rtl/units/arm-linux"

Using strace might also be useful to figure out which system call generates the BUS error.

  An explicit version of the linux system might also be relevant,
uname -a
output would also help.

Best regards,

Pierre