.RSJ files vs .RST files

Are .RSJ files replacements for .RST files, or am I not understanding
the point or .RSJ files? I believe .RSJ files appeared in FPC 2.6.4.

Is the FPC team going to deprecate .RST files at some point?

Regards,
  Graeme

Re: .RSJ files vs .RST files

Jonas Maebe-2

Graeme Geldenhuys wrote on Mon, 04 Jul 2016:

> Are .RSJ files replacements for .RST files, or am I not understanding
> the point or .RSJ files?

Since we don't generate .rst files anymore, .rsj files are
(codepage-safe) a replacement.

> I believe .RSJ files appeared in FPC 2.6.4.

3.0

> Is the FPC team going to deprecate .RST files at some point?

See above.

Re: .RSJ files vs .RST files

Graeme Geldenhuys-6
On 2016-07-04 10:31, Jonas Maebe wrote:
> Since we don't generate .rst files anymore, .rsj files are
> (codepage-safe) a replacement.

Oh, no deprecation period - that's harsh.

OK, I guess I'll have to start modifying my localisation utilities then.
 Thanks for the information.

Regards,
  Graeme

Re: .RSJ files vs .RST files

Jonas Maebe-2

Graeme Geldenhuys wrote on Mon, 04 Jul 2016:

> On 2016-07-04 10:31, Jonas Maebe wrote:
>> Since we don't generate .rst files anymore, .rsj files are
>> (codepage-safe) a replacement.
>
> Oh, no deprecation period - that's harsh.

While I was not the one who removed support for generating them, I
didn't know rst files were a supported public interface. I thought
they only existed as a communication means with the rstconv utility
(which still supports them, along with .rsj files).

Re: .RSJ files vs .RST files

Martin Schreiber-2
On Monday 04 July 2016 11:47:09 Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> On 2016-07-04 10:31, Jonas Maebe wrote:
> > Since we don't generate .rst files anymore, .rsj files are
> > (codepage-safe) a replacement.
>
> Oh, no deprecation period - that's harsh.
>
> OK, I guess I'll have to start modifying my localisation utilities then.
>  Thanks for the information.

MSEgui has code for parsing *.rsj files. Please see
lib/common/designutils/mseresourcetools.pas.

Martin