RS232 isr

Anders Jansson-2
I am making a DOS program that uses RS232 at 115200 bps with XON/XOFF. There are some fairly simple public domain units for real mode. But in protected mode it seems very complicated. Has someone used Elecom? Could a real-mode ISR be used?
Kind regards,
Anders

RE: RS232 isr

Michael Preslar
> Has someone used Elecom? Could a real-mode ISR be used?

I don't know anything about real mode.. But a good example of EleCom's
usage can be found in MannDoor.. Available from http://www.randm.ca

Of course, the EleBBS source makes heavy use of EleCom as well, but I
cant find the download link to the source at the moment

Re: RS232 isr

Tomas Hajny
On 3 Jul 06, at 2:39, Anders Jansson wrote:

> I am making a DOS program that uses RS232 at 115200 bps with
> XON/XOFF. There are some fairly simple public domain units for
> real mode. But in protected mode it seems very complicated. Has
> someone used Elecom? Could a real-mode ISR be used?

You could find examples of how to address
interfacing between the real-mode and protected
mode code in GO32v2 RTL sources (specifically,
unit mouse contains implementation of mouse
callback, which is a fairly similar issue).

Tomas