Output program name -o

L505
Hi!

Is there a way to change the extension of the output executable?

When compile with this example:

  fpc /home/me/project1.pas -oNewName.cgi

The file is compiled as just "NewName" without the .cgi extension. I'm trying to get
PSP/Fakelinux integrated tightly and it would be nice to output a CGI or PSP extension on
the files automatically. Otherwise I'm stuck renaming them.

--
 Lars
 http://z505.com

Re: Output program name -o

Vincent Snijders
L505 wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Is there a way to change the extension of the output executable?
>
> When compile with this example:
>
>   fpc /home/me/project1.pas -oNewName.cgi
>
> The file is compiled as just "NewName" without the .cgi extension. I'm trying to get
> PSP/Fakelinux integrated tightly and it would be nice to output a CGI or PSP extension on
> the files automatically. Otherwise I'm stuck renaming them.

I haven't tried recently, but if I remember correctly, you can work
around it like this:
fpc /home/me/project1.pas -oNewName.cgi.notimportant

Vincent.

Re: Output program name -o

L505

> I haven't tried recently, but if I remember correctly, you can work
> around it like this:
> fpc /home/me/project1.pas -oNewName.cgi.notimportant

The trick didn't seem to work on fpc 2.0.0 ;-(

I'm not sure if this is a linker (-k) resolvable issue, I looked up gnu ld linker on google
to try find out but still haven't found anything.

--
 Lars
 http://z505.com

Re: Output program name -o

L505

> The trick didn't seem to work on fpc 2.0.0 ;-(

My mistake!  now the trick -does- work when I shortened the output path a few characters..

It appears I have another problem now, with the path being truncated when it's too long...
this other problem, the truncating, is not necessarily a FPC issue because I'm sending a
string over TCP/IP and then it is being compiled, so I will have to see what that problem
is.