OS/2 support and text colors

Not strictly FPC related, but I know here are some OS/2 software
developers around - and I have no idea where else to ask.

I'm working on supporting OS/2 in fpGUI Toolkit and creating OS/2
themes.  Looking at some of the OS/2 screenshots I have collected, I
noticed that in the same dialog you sometimes have blue text and
sometimes black text. Anybody know why, and what is the difference
between the two (other than the color alone)?

Here is an example:

   http://geldenhuys.co.uk/~graemeg/os2_screenshot.png

The only pattern I can see is that "static text" (eg: labels and
groupbox captions) use the blue text, but Checkboxes, Buttons, Menu
Items etc use the black text. I still don't understand IBM's reasoning
behind this though - but would like to know out of curiosity.

Regards,
   Graeme

Re: OS/2 support and text colors

noreply
On 2017-07-20 05:00, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Not strictly FPC related, but I know here are some OS/2 software
> developers around - and I have no idea where else to ask.

Isn't OS/2 from pre-win95 days and is very risky to support since it's
dead?

Related:
"OS/2: Blue Lion to be the next distro of the 28-year-old OS"

Will fpc be supporting "blue lion", whatever it is.. (sorry, no time to
research it myself, right now).. up until a.d.d. sets in

Re: OS/2 support and text colors

Graeme Geldenhuys-6
On 2017-07-24 03:46, [hidden email] wrote:
> Isn't OS/2 from pre-win95 days and is very risky to support since it's
> dead?

Object Pascal and Delphi is dead too - but look how happy we all are. ;-)

> Will fpc be supporting "blue lion", whatever it is.. (sorry, no time to
> research it myself, right now).. up until a.d.d. sets in

FPC already supports OS/2, so I would presume FPC + "blue lion" will
work without problems, as "blue lion" is based on OS/2 Warp v4.52 (or
some version like that).

Regards,
   Graeme