Next language feature for pas2js...

Now that interface support has been added to the list of implemented language
features of pas2js, we're looking to get feedback on what best to tackle next.

This time, the poll is not on the forum, so you do not need to have an
account to vote.

Here is a link to the poll:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScPVu6Y_X1QhOrYLWia4TVeKoZ3wiu-_PiMqJ0Zm8KW39FdCQ/viewform?usp=sf_link

Re: Next language feature for pas2js...

Michael Schnell
On 25.04.2018 15:20, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:
> Now that interface support has been added to the list of implemented
> language
> features of pas2js, we're looking to get feedback on what best to
> tackle next.
Of course rather off-topic here, but as you ask:
How usable is Lazarus for pas2js development (code writing, GUI design,
compiling, starting, debugging) at this point in time ?

-Michael

Re: Next language feature for pas2js...

Michael Van Canneyt

On Thu, 26 Apr 2018, Benito van der Zander wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to vote for pointer support...

"Pointers to records" are supported.

But general purpose pointers and such are not planned.

Re: Next language feature for pas2js...

Mattias Gaertner
On Thu, 26 Apr 2018 13:13:25 +0200 (CEST)
Michael Van Canneyt <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Thu, 26 Apr 2018, Benito van der Zander wrote:
>

> > Hi,
> >
> > I would like to vote for pointer support...
>
> "Pointers to records" are supported.

Basically pointers are implemented as JS references.
For example a pointer can be assigned a class instance, an array, a
procedure var, a method var, a @proc address, a @method address,
record, etc.

That's why there is no pointer arithmetic, i.e. no p+1.

On Thu, 26 Apr 2018, Michael Schnell wrote:

> On 25.04.2018 15:20, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:
>> Now that interface support has been added to the list of implemented
>> language
>> features of pas2js, we're looking to get feedback on what best to
>> tackle next.
> Of course rather off-topic here, but as you ask:
> How usable is Lazarus for pas2js development (code writing, GUI design,
> compiling, starting, debugging) at this point in time ?

Better than Delphi for coding.
Worse than delphi for UI Design.

Debugging must be done in the browser.