NewStr error in RTL documentation

Leonardo M. Ramé
I found that the documentation of the rtl (objects unit) contains a small error in the Synopsis of
the NewStr function.

It says:
  "Synopsis: Allocate a copy of a SHORTSTRING on the heap."

I think you should replace the word SHORTSTRING by STRING.

Leonardo M. Ramé
http://leonardorame.blogspot.com

Re: NewStr error in RTL documentation

Peter Vreman
At 14:41 4-9-2006, you wrote:
>I found that the documentation of the rtl (objects unit) contains a
>small error in the Synopsis of
>the NewStr function.
>
>It says:
>   "Synopsis: Allocate a copy of a SHORTSTRING on the heap."
>
>I think you should replace the word SHORTSTRING by STRING.

No, shortstring is correct. It doesn't work for example with ansistring

Peter

Re: NewStr error in RTL documentation

Leonardo M. Ramé
Ok. Do you know a way to allocate a new PString?. In Delphi NewStr does it.

At 19:04 4-9-2006, you wrote:
>Ok. Do you know a way to allocate a new PString?. In Delphi NewStr does it.

http://www.freepascal.org/docs-html/rtl/sysutils/newstr.html

Peter