New tool sspell for pascal programmers

Darius Blaszyk
Hi all,

I've just finished working on a tool called sspell (stands for source code spell checker) for a project of mine. This tool extracts text from comments and string literals in source code files and checks them for spelling. Very useful in my case when you have a lot of resourcestrings, comments or literals in your source code.

Please note that I have written this tool only in a couple of hours and bugs may certainly be present. Also there are a number of features missing and improvements pending (some of them mentioned in the readme on the project page).

However I would like to share the tool with anyone interested already at this early stage. All relevant files are present here: https://github.com/daar/sspell for anyone to review and comment

If you find this tool interesting and would like to contribute, please either send me a patch or make a pull request. Remarks can be directed to this ML.

Enjoy!

Rgds, Darius

Re: New tool sspell for pascal programmers

Graeme Geldenhuys-6
On 2017-07-24 02:07, Darius Blaszyk wrote:
> I've just finished working on a tool called sspell (stands for source
> code spell checker) for a project of mine. This tool extracts text from
> comments and string literals in source code files and checks them for
> spelling. Very useful in my case when you have a lot of resourcestrings,
> comments or literals in your source code.

Very nice Darius.

On a side note:
   The EditPad Pro text editor has the ability to spell-check any file
   format. It's part of the syntax-highlighting setup where you can
   specify which text elements need to be spell checked. I've used this
   for years with HTML and XML files, where it will ignore the tags, and
   only spellcheck the "real content".

Regards,
   Graeme