New Arc attempt

leledumbo
Administrator
Just came across this on my fb timeline: https://pascal.today/2016/08/01/arc-for-non-managed-types/
would be interesting for gc lovers. WARNING: the given code there doesn't compile with FPC, even on trunk

Re: New Arc attempt

Maciej Izak

Just came across this on my fb timeline:
https://pascal.today/2016/08/01/arc-for-non-managed-types/
would be interesting for gc lovers. WARNING: the given code there doesn't
compile with FPC, even on trunk

Nothing new. Proposed long time ago (2008!), many times:

In FPC (branch for smart pointers) we have own much faster implementation (based on the default field):

which is usable also for nullable types.

--
Best regards,
Maciej Izak

Re: New Arc attempt

leledumbo
Administrator
> In FPC (branch for smart pointers) we have own much faster implementation (based on the default field):
>
> https://github.com/maciej-izak/PascalSmartPointers
>
> which is usable also for nullable types.

I think I've seen this before, but never really dig in to the implementation.