N-Tier in FPC

Rodrigo Palhano-2
Is there any way (components, classes) i can develop
3-tier (n-tier...) application in FPC ??

tks

Re: N-Tier in FPC

Michael Van Canneyt

On Thu, 9 Mar 2006, Rodrigo Palhano wrote:

> Is there any way (components, classes) i can develop
> 3-tier (n-tier...) application in FPC ??

ICS and probably also Midware compile with FPC.
You can use that to create N-tier apps.

Re: N-Tier in FPC

Rodrigo Palhano
Is there any chance we have a TDatasetProvider like implementation
in FPC ?

On Thu, 09 Mar 2006 17:16:40 -0300, Michael Van Canneyt
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Thu, 9 Mar 2006, Rodrigo Palhano wrote:
>
>> Is there any way (components, classes) i can develop
>> 3-tier (n-tier...) application in FPC ??
>
> ICS and probably also Midware compile with FPC.
> You can use that to create N-tier apps.
>

> Michael.

Rodrigo Palhano

Re: N-Tier in FPC

Michael Van Canneyt

On Thu, 9 Mar 2006, Rodrigo Palhano wrote:

> Is there any chance we have a TDatasetProvider like implementation
> in FPC ?

Midware contains such a thing.

I would very much like to have TDatasetProvider and TClientDataset
in FPC, but I have currently no time to implement it.

There is a freeware library called HyperBase, by Vladimir Gaitanoff,
which contains a free implementation of midas.dll, but even with this,
you would still need to create TDatasetProvider and TClientDataset
classes.

If you have time and resources to do so: please !!

Re: N-Tier in FPC

Rodrigo Palhano-2
Maybe someday we'll have TDatasetProviver + TClientDataset :)

Thanks for your quick answers Michael!