MySQL4 Pascal Unit

Jason P Sage
I have tested the FPC supplied MySQL4 unit and I've admittedly haven't had a
ton of time to play with it yet. But I was curious if any of you had any
feedback about it.

I wrote a wrapper for the FPC supplied MySQL3 a long time ago and it worked
awesome. I think I should do the same for MySQL4, and perhaps someone is
working on a MySQL5 unit for FPC now.

So, my questions can be summarized with: If you used the MySQL4 unit in FPC,
do you have any comments you could share?

Thank You,

Jason P Sage

Re: MySQL4 Pascal Unit

Michael Van Canneyt

On Wed, 26 Jul 2006, Jason P Sage wrote:

> I have tested the FPC supplied MySQL4 unit and I've admittedly haven't had a
> ton of time to play with it yet. But I was curious if any of you had any
> feedback about it.
>
> I wrote a wrapper for the FPC supplied MySQL3 a long time ago and it worked
> awesome. I think I should do the same for MySQL4, and perhaps someone is
> working on a MySQL5 unit for FPC now.

The mysql 5 unit has been available since a long time.

> So, my questions can be summarized with: If you used the MySQL4 unit in FPC,
> do you have any comments you could share?

Mysql 3 and 4 are relatively compatible, the only area needing some changes
are the connection routines.