MacOSX limited linker path length

Mattias Gaertner

I run into some strange linker errors. Shorten the paths fixed the problem.

The application has the following linker options:
-k-framework -kcarbon -k-framework -kAGL
And the output file was
-o/Users/Username/pascal/carbon/agl/carboncustomcontrol.app/Contents/MacOS/
TestProgram

Granted, it is not short, but at least half of it is needed anyway.
I have now to work with symbolic links if I want to add only one other
framework.

What should I write into the wiki?
Don't use long paths under MacOSX as the linker will cut too long parameter
lists.

Or is it a fpc problem?
How can I find out?
How can I see, how fpc calls the linker under MacOSX?

Re: MacOSX limited linker path length

Jonas Maebe-2

On 04 Jan 2006, at 18:25, Mattias Gaertner wrote:

> How can I see, how fpc calls the linker under MacOSX?

Compile with -s and check ppas.sh and link.res. There are still
various 255 char limits in fpc regarding command line arguments
passed to the assembler and linker.