MSG variable type, Windows GUI

Urbansound
Hi,

I encountered an FPC Win32, tutorial that uses the a declaration of variable
"msg", declared as a MSG type, shown below.

Dev-Pas IDE, FPC 2.00 gives an "error in type definition" and I find no doc
references to MSG, variable type.  Was this an earlier convention in FPC and
if so, how was it replaced?

Thanks,

Mike

[clip]
program Win32_Source03;
uses  windows;
const
  AppName = 'Win32/ FPC - Source 03';

VAR
  active : BOOLEAN;
  msg : MSG;
  hWindow,msg : hwnd;
[end clip]

Re: MSG variable type, Windows GUI

Luiz Americo Pereira Camara-2
Urbansound wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I encountered an FPC Win32, tutorial that uses the a declaration of
> variable "msg", declared as a MSG type, shown below.
>
> Dev-Pas IDE, FPC 2.00 gives an "error in type definition" and I find no
> doc references to MSG, variable type.  Was this an earlier convention in
> FPC and if so, how was it replaced?

Previous version of fpc allowed this construct while newer not
use Message:msg instead of msg:msg and rename msg in the line below of that.

> [clip]
> program Win32_Source03;
> uses  windows;
> const