MSEide+MSEgui rev.2.4

Martin Schreiber-2
Hi,
MSEide+MSEgui version 2.4 for FPC 2.4.2 has been released:
https://developer.berlios.de/project/showfiles.php?group_id=11520

Questions and bug reports please to mailing list:
NNTP gateway:
nntp://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.ide.mseide.user
Mail achive:
http://www.mail-archive.com/mseide-msegui-talk@.../

Have a lot of fun!

Martin

Re: MSEide+MSEgui rev.2.4

Marcos Douglas B. Santos
On Mon, Nov 1, 2010 at 7:13 AM, Martin Schreiber <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
> MSEide+MSEgui version 2.4 for FPC 2.4.2 has been released:
> https://developer.berlios.de/project/showfiles.php?group_id=11520
>
> Questions and bug reports please to mailing list:
> NNTP gateway:
> nntp://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.ide.mseide.user
> Mail achive:
> http://www.mail-archive.com/mseide-msegui-talk@.../
>
> Have a lot of fun!

If you use the FPC from
http://svn.freepascal.org/svn/fpc/branches/fixes_2_4 then the version
is 2.4.3, right?

Marcos Douglas

Re: MSEide+MSEgui rev.2.4

Graeme Geldenhuys-2
Op 2010-11-01 15:48, Marcos Douglas het geskryf:
> If you use the FPC from
> http://svn.freepascal.org/svn/fpc/branches/fixes_2_4 then the version
> is 2.4.3, right?

Yes, and that works with MSEide too.

http://opensoft.homeip.net:8080/fpgui/

Re: MSEide+MSEgui rev.2.4

Marcos Douglas B. Santos
On Mon, Nov 1, 2010 at 11:14 AM, Graeme Geldenhuys
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Op 2010-11-01 15:48, Marcos Douglas het geskryf:
>> If you use the FPC from
>> http://svn.freepascal.org/svn/fpc/branches/fixes_2_4 then the version
>> is 2.4.3, right?
>
> Yes, and that works with MSEide too.

The 2.4.3 version is the version of do you use? This is the version
oficial to production, from SVN?
Thanks,

Marcos Douglas

Re: MSEide+MSEgui rev.2.4

Graeme Geldenhuys-2
Op 2010-11-01 16:33, Marcos Douglas het geskryf:

> The 2.4.3 version is the version of do you use? This is the version
> oficial to production, from SVN?

I use that version (fixes_2_4 branch) for my day-to-day programming at work
and home. It's normally the most stable development platform to work from.

On Monday, 1. November 2010 15.33:34 Marcos Douglas wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 1, 2010 at 11:14 AM, Graeme Geldenhuys
>
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Op 2010-11-01 15:48, Marcos Douglas het geskryf:
> >> If you use the FPC from
> >> http://svn.freepascal.org/svn/fpc/branches/fixes_2_4 then the version
> >> is 2.4.3, right?
> >
> > Yes, and that works with MSEide too.
>
> The 2.4.3 version is the version of do you use? This is the version
> oficial to production, from SVN?
> Thanks,

Yes, I normally use FPC SVN fixes_2_4 for production.

Martin

Re: MSEide+MSEgui rev.2.4

bsquared
Which address should I be using?  It looks like the UUID and revision
are the same while Last changed revision and path are different.

svn info http://svn.freepascal.org/svn/fpc/tags/release_2_4_2
Repository Root: http://svn.freepascal.org/svn/fpc
Repository UUID: 3ad0048d-3df7-0310-abae-a5850022a9f2
Revision: 16285
Node Kind: directory
Last Changed Author: marco
Last Changed Rev: 16278
Last Changed Date: 2010-10-31 10:08:18 -0700 (Sun, 31 Oct 2010)

svn info http://svn.freepascal.org/svn/fpc/branches/fixes_2_4
Repository Root: http://svn.freepascal.org/svn/fpc
Repository UUID: 3ad0048d-3df7-0310-abae-a5850022a9f2
Revision: 16285
Node Kind: directory
Last Changed Author: marco
Last Changed Rev: 16277
Last Changed Date: 2010-10-31 10:01:50 -0700 (Sun, 31 Oct 2010)

On Monday, 1. November 2010 16.24:30 Brian Winfrey wrote:
> Which address should I be using?  It looks like the UUID and revision
> are the same while Last changed revision and path are different.

[...]

For MSEide+MSEgui you can use both. It is your choice if you wan't to use a
tagged release or the fixes branch. MSEide+MSEgui  is not tested with FPC SVN
trunk.

Martin

Re: MSEide+MSEgui rev.2.4

Op 2010-11-01 17:24, Brian Winfrey het geskryf:
> Which address should I be using?

release_2_4_2 is simply the "tagged" release of the future FPC 2.4.2
release - currently in beta testing.

The fixes_2_4 is already at version 2.4.3 and contains everything from
2.4.2 and more...

As Martin said, you can use either of those.

> It looks like the UUID and revision are the same while Last changed revision

Simply because both of those refer to the SubVersion repository as a whole.
Both those branches are in the save SubVersion repository, hence the same
UUID. Also a SubVersion repository uses a revision number across the whole
repository - not per branch.

http://opensoft.homeip.net:8080/fpgui/

Re: MSEide+MSEgui rev.2.4

bsquared

> The fixes_2_4 is already at version 2.4.3 and contains everything from
> 2.4.2 and more...

Thank you.

Re: MSEide+MSEgui rev.2.4

Paul Breneman
Martin Schreiber wrote:

> Hi,
> MSEide+MSEgui version 2.4 for FPC 2.4.2 has been released:
> https://developer.berlios.de/project/showfiles.php?group_id=11520
>
> Questions and bug reports please to mailing list:
> NNTP gateway:
> nntp://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.ide.mseide.user
> Mail achive:
> http://www.mail-archive.com/mseide-msegui-talk@.../
>
> Have a lot of fun!
>
> Martin

This is a new page with FPC 2.4.2 and fpGUI:
   http://www.turbocontrol.com/easyfpgui.htm

I'd like to set up a similar page for MSEgui (and maybe for MSEide as
well).  Please contact me off-list about this.

Re: MSEide+MSEgui rev.2.4

Marco van de Voort
In our previous episode, Paul Breneman said:

> This is a new page with FPC 2.4.2 and fpGUI:
>    http://www.turbocontrol.com/easyfpgui.htm
>
> I'd like to set up a similar page for MSEgui (and maybe for MSEide as
> well).  Please contact me off-list about this.

Btw, you might want to scrap the turboexplorer.com link on your website. The
Turbo Explorer versions of Delphi are no longer available, and that page only
lists 30 day  trials.

Re: MSEide+MSEgui rev.2.4

Martin Schreiber-2
Paul Breneman wrote:

> I'd like to set up a similar page for MSEgui (and maybe for MSEide as
> well).  Please contact me off-list about this.

Done.

Martin

Re: MSEide+MSEgui rev.2.4

Paul Breneman
Marco van de Voort wrote:

> In our previous episode, Paul Breneman said:
>> This is a new page with FPC 2.4.2 and fpGUI:
>>    http://www.turbocontrol.com/easyfpgui.htm
>>
>> I'd like to set up a similar page for MSEgui (and maybe for MSEide as
>> well).  Please contact me off-list about this.
>
> Btw, you might want to scrap the turboexplorer.com link on your website. The
> Turbo Explorer versions of Delphi are no longer available, and that page only
> lists 30 day  trials.

Thanks for the feedback!  I guess I was hoping the Turbo Explorer
versions would return at some point... :)