MSEide+MSEgui SourceForge -> BerliOS

Martin Schreiber
Hi,
Because of the access restrictions on SourceForge MSEide+MSEgui has been moved
to BerliOS:
http://developer.berlios.de/projects/mseide-msegui/

Download:
http://developer.berlios.de/project/showfiles.php?group_id=11520

SVN:
http://developer.berlios.de/svn/?group_id=11520

Martin

Re: MSEide+MSEgui SourceForge -> BerliOS

Anthony Walter-3
I don't understand. Would you care to explain what restrictions
SourceForge places on its users? I am curious.

On Friday 05 February 2010 14:11:03 Anthony Walter wrote:
> I don't understand. Would you care to explain what restrictions
> SourceForge places on its users? I am curious.

Please read:
http://sourceforge.net/blog/clarifying-sourceforgenets-denial-of-site-access-for-certain-persons-in-accordance-with-us-law/

Martin

Re: MSEide+MSEgui SourceForge -> BerliOS

zaher dirkey
On Fri, Feb 5, 2010 at 3:25 PM, Martin Schreiber <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Friday 05 February 2010 14:11:03 Anthony Walter wrote:
> I don't understand. Would you care to explain what restrictions
> SourceForge places on its users? I am curious.

Please read:
http://sourceforge.net/blog/clarifying-sourceforgenets-denial-of-site-access-for-certain-persons-in-accordance-with-us-law/

Martin

Can i ask What is your country?

And sorry for Off Topic

--
Zaher Dirkey

On Saturday 06 February 2010 20:51:09 Zaher Dirkey wrote:

> Can i ask What is your country?

CH.

Re: MSEide+MSEgui SourceForge -> BerliOS

Rainer Stratmann
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Switzerland

Am Saturday 06 February 2010 20:51:09 schrieb Zaher Dirkey:

> On Fri, Feb 5, 2010 at 3:25 PM, Martin Schreiber <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > On Friday 05 February 2010 14:11:03 Anthony Walter wrote:
> > > I don't understand. Would you care to explain what restrictions
> > > SourceForge places on its users? I am curious.
> >
> > Please read:
> >
> > http://sourceforge.net/blog/clarifying-sourceforgenets-denial-of-site-acc
> >ess-for-certain-persons-in-accordance-with-us-law/
> >
> > Martin
>
> Can i ask What is your country?
>
> And sorry for Off Topic

Re: MSEide+MSEgui SourceForge -> BerliOS

Nikolay Nikolov-3
On 02/05/2010 03:25 PM, Martin Schreiber wrote:
> Please read:
> http://sourceforge.net/blog/clarifying-sourceforgenets-denial-of-site-access-for-certain-persons-in-accordance-with-us-law/
>
> Martin

Good news, they have added the option to lift those restrictions. It's
now up to the project admins to decide for their own project.
http://sourceforge.net/blog/some-good-news-sourceforge-removes-blanket-blocking/

Re: MSEide+MSEgui SourceForge -> BerliOS

Jonas Maebe-2

On 09 Feb 2010, at 14:39, Nikolay Nikolov wrote:

> Good news, they have added the option to lift those restrictions.
> It's now up to the project admins to decide for their own project.
> http://sourceforge.net/blog/some-good-news-sourceforge-removes-blanket-blocking/

The problem for FPC specifically is that it includes some cryptography
units, so we cannot change it. On the other hand, FPC also has non-
sourceforge mirrors.

Nikolay Nikolov wrote:

> Good news, they have added the option to lift those restrictions. It's
> now up to the project admins to decide for their own project.

Problem still holds. If you accidentally on unknowingly introduce "code of
mass destruction" <smile>, or the US Government things your code is
considered "rogue" they will try and jump on your case. :-( Simple things
like cryptography units is an issue.

Having this hanging over your head is not what I call "in the spirit of the
open internet". So what Martin did, by moving his project to BerliOS is a
good move.

I'm considering my options too (self hosting or external non-US hosting),
and moving my project away from SourceForge.net. Even though my country is
not affected by this, this whole idea of banning countries is ridiculous.

http://opensoft.homeip.net/fpgui/

On Tuesday 09 February 2010 14:39:05 Nikolay Nikolov wrote:

> Good news, they have added the option to lift those restrictions. It's
> now up to the project admins to decide for their own project.
> http://sourceforge.net/blog/some-good-news-sourceforge-removes-blanket-bloc
>king

And now one risks that the US government sues the admins of the projects if
we click the wrong "Export Controls" option? Much too dangerous.
I export "prohibited technology" from USA to banned countries which falls
under US law. And US government has the possibilities to enforce their will
in my country. We will stick to BerliOS.

Martin