MSEide+MSEgui 4.6 for FPC 3.0.4

Re: MSEide+MSEgui 4.6 for FPC 3.0.4

kardan
I guess its better to go for fpcupdeluxe these days?

On Thu, 30 Nov 2017 01:57:54 +0100
kardan <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Is it possible to tell fpcgui a folder with an already checked out svn
> trunk? I cannot afford to download 1.1 gb again.

use git-svn with existing trunk folder
https://github.com/newpascal/fpcupdeluxe/issues/57

Re: MSEide+MSEgui 4.6 for FPC 3.0.4

Paul Breneman
On 11/30/2017 04:55 AM, kardan wrote:

> I guess its better to go for fpcupdeluxe these days?
>
> On Thu, 30 Nov 2017 01:57:54 +0100
> kardan <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Is it possible to tell fpcgui a folder with an already checked out svn
>> trunk? I cannot afford to download 1.1 gb again.
>
> use git-svn with existing trunk folder
> https://github.com/newpascal/fpcupdeluxe/issues/57

Will fpcupdeluxe work on console, or is a GUI required?

See fpcup usage here:
http://wiki.freepascal.org/Small_Virtual_Machines#Debian_console_virtual_machine

Regards,
Paul
www.ControlPascal.com

Re: fpcup / fpcupdeluxe

kardan
Hi Paul,

On Thu, 30 Nov 2017 10:37:25 -0500
Paul Breneman <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Will fpcupdeluxe work on console, or is a GUI required?

fpcupdelux fails without DISPLAY.

> See fpcup usage here:
> http://wiki.freepascal.org/Small_Virtual_Machines#Debian_console_virtual_machine

This page is interesting, will try levinux with vagrant mutate

1) My current issue is that both (fpcup and fpcupdeluxe) seem unable to
use my existing fpc trunk checked out with `git svn clone
https://svn.freepascal.org/svn/fpc/trunk`. As my connection is quite
slow it interrupted multiple times and I had to `git svn fetch` to
continue. I can't download it again this way and do not trust such
automated tools to be clever enough to deal with it. It would be great
if it would check for a .git directory and use git-svn automatically.

> use git-svn with existing trunk folder
> https://github.com/newpascal/fpcupdeluxe/issues/57

2. However I'd like to use their power to create the cross-tools needed
to release our project. At the end the cross installer will run on OSX
i386 in a travis environment and automatically deploy binaries. Therefor
not the whole history is needed. Which configuration options should I
use in this case?

Kardan

~/src/fpc/.git/config
[core]