MSEide+MSEgui 4.6 for FPC 3.0.4

Martin Schreiber-2
Hi,

MSEide+MSEgui version 4.6 has been released:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/mseide-msegui/files/mseide-msegui/4.6/

There are also new versions of MSEgit, MSErun, MSEspice and MSEkicadBOM:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/mseuniverse

the cross environment for Raspberry Pi:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/mseide-msegui/files/fpcrossarm/

and FPC for Raspberry Pi:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/mseide-msegui/files/fpcarm/

Martin

Re: MSEide+MSEgui 4.6 for FPC 3.0.4

AndreasGMail
Hi Martin, do you have any plans to cross compile to android?

On Friday 24 November 2017 18:38:39 Andreas wrote:
> Hi Martin, do you have any plans to cross compile to android?

Maybe if there is enough interrest or a sponsor. What do you need?

Martin

Re: MSEide+MSEgui 4.6 for FPC 3.0.4

Andreas Berger
I went back to Delphi because our company is converting all programs
that the maintenance uses to work on cell phones. Rad Studio 10.2 was
bought and even our desktop programs are being converted form
FPS/Delphi7 to Delphi 10. If FPC for Android worked off the shelf I
probably could convince the company to go back to FPC since all our
current projects work with it. I Never used MGE but have been keeping an
eye on it and know what you do is very stable.

On Saturday 25 November 2017 11:52:39 Andreas Berger wrote:
> I went back to Delphi because our company is converting all programs
> that the maintenance uses to work on cell phones. Rad Studio 10.2 was
> bought and even our desktop programs are being converted form
> FPS/Delphi7 to Delphi 10. If FPC for Android worked off the shelf I
> probably could convince the company to go back to FPC since all our
> current projects work with it.

Can you elaborate a bit what you actually need? Do you need a Firemonkey
equivalent? Something other?

Martin

Re: MSEide+MSEgui 4.6 for FPC 3.0.4

Andreas Berger
On the Android side I actually only need a graphical app with access to
the Bluetooth and possibly be a TCP client.

On Saturday 25 November 2017 15:04:05 Andreas Berger wrote:
> On the Android side I actually only need a graphical app with access to
> the Bluetooth and possibly be a TCP client.

And why Free Pascal to develop the android application? What would be the
advantages instead to use the tools of the platform?

The architecture of MSEgui would allow to make widgets for Android in RAD
style development, either ownerdrawn or wrapper for native widgets
with 'ifi'-data- and event-connections to the business logic in the
application.

Martin

Re: MSEide+MSEgui 4.6 for FPC 3.0.4

Ralf Quint
On 11/25/2017 8:43 AM, Martin Schreiber wrote:
> On Saturday 25 November 2017 15:04:05 Andreas Berger wrote:
>> On the Android side I actually only need a graphical app with access to
>> the Bluetooth and possibly be a TCP client.
>>
> And why Free Pascal to develop the android application? What would be the
> advantages instead to use the tools of the platform?
In a lot of cases, at least for non-trivial applications, you might need
to share a larger code base with desktop applications running on
Windows, Linux or macOS...

Ralf

---

Re: MSEide+MSEgui 4.6 for FPC 3.0.4

Marcos Douglas B. Santos

Em 25 de nov de 2017 2:43 PM, "Martin Schreiber" <[hidden email]> escreveu:

And why Free Pascal to develop the android application?

For the same reasons that we use Object Pascal instead of C# , Java, whatever.

Best,
Marcos Douglas

On 25/11/2017 14:43, Martin Schreiber wrote:

> On Saturday 25 November 2017 15:04:05 Andreas Berger wrote:
>> On the Android side I actually only need a graphical app with access to
>> the Bluetooth and possibly be a TCP client.
>>
> And why Free Pascal to develop the android application? What would be the
> advantages instead to use the tools of the platform?
>
> The architecture of MSEgui would allow to make widgets for Android in RAD
> style development, either ownerdrawn or wrapper for native widgets
> with 'ifi'-data- and event-connections to the business logic in the
> application.

Today much of the maintenance at the client is done using netbooks. We
wish to use cell phone exclusively. We have a large program base with
many programs all written in FPC and/or Delphi. The company is migrating
all FPC to Rad Studio 10.2 so that the same code base can be used when
we migrate some of these programs to android. I would rather migrate our
last delphi programs to FPC.

On Sunday 26 November 2017 15:19:22 Andreas wrote:

> > The architecture of MSEgui would allow to make widgets for Android in RAD
> > style development, either ownerdrawn or wrapper for native widgets
> > with 'ifi'-data- and event-connections to the business logic in the
> > application.
>
> Today much of the maintenance at the client is done using netbooks. We
> wish to use cell phone exclusively. We have a large program base with
> many programs all written in FPC and/or Delphi. The company is migrating
> all FPC to Rad Studio 10.2 so that the same code base can be used when
> we migrate some of these programs to android.

What Delphi technologies do you use on Android? Firemonkey? What is missing in
Free Pascal? Can you be more specific?
I doubt that the codebase of a desktop application can be used unchanged on a
cellphone.

Martin

Re: MSEide+MSEgui 4.6 for FPC 3.0.4

Michael Schnell
On 25.11.2017 17:43, Martin Schreiber wrote:
> The architecture of MSEgui would allow to make widgets for Android in
> RAD style development, either ownerdrawn or wrapper for native widgets
> with 'ifi'-data- and event-connections to the business logic in the
> application.
This of course triggers my interest.
Is there an ifi user-site program (e.g. in Java) to run with the Android
GUI and connect to a native code application ?

-Michael

On 2017-11-29 06:19, Martin Schreiber wrote:
> What is missing in
> Free Pascal?

Good question. After all, Delphi used the FPC compiler to develop for
iOS before they had their own compiler ready. I believe XE2 shipped with
a FPC compiler. So FPC functionality (the compiler at least) must have
enough to make it usable.

Regards,
   Graeme

Re: MSEide+MSEgui 4.6 for FPC 3.0.4

Rainer Stratmann
Am Mittwoch, 29. November 2017, 07:19:32 schrieb Martin Schreiber:
> What is missing
> in Free Pascal?

A userfriendly setup/install for every compile/cross compile scenario out of
the box.

Without the need for compiling fpc.

Without the need for an internet connection.

Re: MSEide+MSEgui 4.6 for FPC 3.0.4

Marcos Douglas B. Santos
On Wed, Nov 29, 2017 at 9:26 PM, Graeme Geldenhuys
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 2017-11-29 06:19, Martin Schreiber wrote:
>>
>> What is missing in
>> Free Pascal?
>

> Good question. After all, Delphi used the FPC compiler to develop for iOS
> before they had their own compiler ready. I believe XE2 shipped with a FPC
> compiler. So FPC functionality (the compiler at least) must have enough to
> make it usable.

We have the compiler, now it just missing the widgets...

Best regards,
Marcos Douglas

Re: MSEide+MSEgui 4.6 for FPC 3.0.4

Marcos Douglas B. Santos
On Wed, Nov 29, 2017 at 9:35 PM, Rainer Stratmann
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Am Mittwoch, 29. November 2017, 07:19:32 schrieb Martin Schreiber:
>> What is missing
>> in Free Pascal?
>
> A userfriendly setup/install for every compile/cross compile scenario out of
> the box.
>
> Without the need for compiling fpc.
>
> Without the need for an internet connection.

Have you already seen fpcup -> http://wiki.freepascal.org/fpcup ?

Best,
Marcos Douglas

Am Mittwoch, 29. November 2017, 21:43:00 schrieb Marcos Douglas B. Santos:

> On Wed, Nov 29, 2017 at 9:35 PM, Rainer Stratmann
>
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Am Mittwoch, 29. November 2017, 07:19:32 schrieb Martin Schreiber:
> >> What is missing
> >> in Free Pascal?
> >
> > A userfriendly setup/install for every compile/cross compile scenario out
> > of the box.
> >
> > Without the need for compiling fpc.
> >
> > Without the need for an internet connection.
>
> Have you already seen fpcup -> http://wiki.freepascal.org/fpcup ?

yes

Re: MSEide+MSEgui 4.6 for FPC 3.0.4

kardan
Is it possible to tell fpcgui a folder with an already checked out svn
trunk? I cannot afford to download 1.1 gb again.

On 29.11.2017 09:35, Michael Schnell wrote:

> Is there an ifi user-site program (e.g. in Java) to run with the
> Android GUI and connect to a native code application ?

Follow up: is there a user site program (e.g. in Java script) that runs
in a browser ?

-Michael