MSEide+MSEgui 4.4 for Free Pascal 3.0.2

Martin Schreiber-2
Hi,
MSEide+MSEgui 4.4 for Free Pascal 3.0.2 has been released:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/mseide-msegui/

There are also new versions of the ARM (Raspberry Pi) cross and native
environments for Free Pascal:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/mseide-msegui/files/fpcrossarm/
https://sourceforge.net/projects/mseide-msegui/files/fpcarm/

and new versions of MSEgit, MSEspice and MSErun:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/mseuniverse/

Martin

Re: MSEide+MSEgui 4.4 for Free Pascal 3.0.2

fredvs
Great news Martin.

MSE gui is strong and the solution you have found for docking forms is the best, much better than all other dock-system.
MSE ide is also a excellent ide, light and powerful.

I do not use anymore Gnome or Qt or KT widget-set, they are too heavy/buggy, I prefer a "pure X" system.

And for that MSEgui (and your lovely brother fpGUI) are the perfect solutions.

Thanks Martin for your open-mind and your big intelligence.

Fre;D
Many thanks ;-)

Re: MSEide+MSEgui 4.4 for Free Pascal 3.0.2

codz
> Great news Martin.
>
> MSE gui is strong and the solution you have found for docking forms is the
> best, much better than all other dock-system.

msegui/mseide is my best gui library except docking system . i still
have have an opinion that is not easy at first glance for users ,

with qt&wxwidgets docking is much simple , you just drag & drop .

Re: MSEide+MSEgui 4.4 for Free Pascal 3.0.2

Jon Foster
On 02/14/2017 06:51 AM, Martin Schreiber wrote:

> Hi,
> MSEide+MSEgui 4.4 for Free Pascal 3.0.2 has been released:
> https://sourceforge.net/projects/mseide-msegui/
>
> There are also new versions of the ARM (Raspberry Pi) cross and native
> environments for Free Pascal:
> https://sourceforge.net/projects/mseide-msegui/files/fpcrossarm/
> https://sourceforge.net/projects/mseide-msegui/files/fpcarm/
>
> and new versions of MSEgit, MSEspice and MSErun:
> https://sourceforge.net/projects/mseuniverse/

Ooh! I'll have to take a look. I was impressed with MSEgui in the past *it
actually worked*! The Lazarus team seems more interested in features than
in quality and I have not moved beyond v0.9.30.x since v1+ broke way too
many things that used to work and bloated a large amount, so after a decade
or more of trying to use it I gave up. I'm still looking for a decent GUI
system to match the awesomeness of FPC and MSEgui and fpGUI are the current
contenders.

My only issue in the past with MSEgui was a lack of cross-platform
capability. It seemed everyone thought I was insane for wanting to use it
on OS X and it wouldn't compile for PowerPC (something blow up about
initializing the math-co). PowerPC isn't a contender anymore but ARM/Linux
is and it appears you have that covered. I'm using CHIPs
(http://getchip.com). And I still want to use it on all current desktop
platforms (*nix/X, OS X, 'doze).

Thanks for the work I'll have to take another look!

--
Jon Foster
JF Possibilities, Inc.

Re: MSEide+MSEgui 4.4 for Free Pascal 3.0.2

fredvs
> with qt&wxwidgets docking is much simple , you just drag & drop .

Ha, maybe but qt&wxwidgets are so heavy.
MSEgui is pure fpc, not slaved by any c widgets.

Fre;D
Many thanks ;-)

Re: MSEide+MSEgui 4.4 for Free Pascal 3.0.2

noreply
On 2017-02-14 08:51, Martin Schreiber wrote:

> Hi,
> MSEide+MSEgui 4.4 for Free Pascal 3.0.2 has been released:
> https://sourceforge.net/projects/mseide-msegui/
>
> There are also new versions of the ARM (Raspberry Pi) cross and native
> environments for Free Pascal:
> https://sourceforge.net/projects/mseide-msegui/files/fpcrossarm/
> https://sourceforge.net/projects/mseide-msegui/files/fpcarm/
>
> and new versions of MSEgit, MSEspice and MSErun:
> https://sourceforge.net/projects/mseuniverse/

Is there a wiki or information page explaining what mserun is, along
with others mentioned above.. I could not find it on google.

I'm interested in the theory of such tools and what they do.

Found on post from Graeme about compiling with 8 cores, but that still
does not explain what mserun is ;-)

On Wednesday 01 March 2017 02:40:44 [hidden email] wrote:

> On 2017-02-14 08:51, Martin Schreiber wrote:
> > Hi,
> > MSEide+MSEgui 4.4 for Free Pascal 3.0.2 has been released:
> > https://sourceforge.net/projects/mseide-msegui/
> >
> > There are also new versions of the ARM (Raspberry Pi) cross and native
> > environments for Free Pascal:
> > https://sourceforge.net/projects/mseide-msegui/files/fpcrossarm/
> > https://sourceforge.net/projects/mseide-msegui/files/fpcarm/
> >
> > and new versions of MSEgit, MSEspice and MSErun:
> > https://sourceforge.net/projects/mseuniverse/
>
> Is there a wiki or information page explaining what mserun is, along
> with others mentioned above.. I could not find it on google.

MSErun is a tool which can be used to run command groups which are defined in
a GUI in a hierarchical manner and which has the same flexible macro facility
as MSEide. I use it as build tool for the MSE* projects and in order to run
test cases. Please ask questions about the MSE* projects on the mailinglist:
Archive:
http://www.mail-archive.com/mseide-msegui-talk@.../

Martin