MINIX 3 support

Graeme Geldenhuys-6
Does FPC support the MINIX 3 target platform? Or has somebody attempted
to port FPC to that platform?

Regards,
   Graeme

Re: MINIX 3 support

Free Pascal - General mailing list
Am 10.11.2017 00:05 schrieb "Graeme Geldenhuys" <[hidden email]>:
Does FPC support the MINIX 3 target platform? Or has somebody attempted to port FPC to that platform?

No, FPC does not support MINIX 3 though I did play around with the idea some years ago (not that there had been any results). Considering that nowadays I think they use ELF as well it shouldn't be too hard to start a port though (not that I'd be the one to do it :P)

Re: MINIX 3 support

Mark Morgan Lloyd-5
On 09/11/17 23:15, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> Does FPC support the MINIX 3 target platform? Or has somebody attempted
> to port FPC to that platform?

Interesting question, particularly now that it's being factory-installed :-)

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk

Re: MINIX 3 support

Graeme Geldenhuys-6
On 2017-11-10 09:36, Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:
> Interesting question, particularly now that it's being factory-installed:-)

Yeah. :) I've been reading the Wikipedia page about MINIX 3 and it
sounds quite impressive, and some really interesting design choices
(self-healing, lower priority of infinite loop code etc). Sounds like it
can be a very stable platform.

Regards,
   Graeme

Re: MINIX 3 support

Florian Klämpfl
Am 10.11.2017 um 00:04 schrieb Graeme Geldenhuys:
> Does FPC support the MINIX 3 target platform? Or has somebody attempted to port FPC to that platform?

I played once around with it but never created anything worth to commit to trunk