Looking for SDL_opengl header

Darius Blaszyk
Has anyone ever converted the SDL_opengl header to FPC? Couldn't find it
in the repository, but perhaps someone knows if it is part of another
project.

Regards, Darius

Re: Looking for SDL_opengl header

Andrew Haines
On 12/07/10 18:23, Darius Blaszyk wrote:
> Has anyone ever converted the SDL_opengl header to FPC? Couldn't find it
> in the repository, but perhaps someone knows if it is part of another
> project.

Is there one included with jedi sdl??

Regards,

Andrew Haines

On Tue, 2010-12-07 at 19:15 -0500, Andrew Haines wrote:
> On 12/07/10 18:23, Darius Blaszyk wrote:
> > Has anyone ever converted the SDL_opengl header to FPC? Couldn't find it
> > in the repository, but perhaps someone knows if it is part of another
> > project.
> >

> Is there one included with jedi sdl??
Couldn't find it there, although there are some examples with SDL and
OpenGL available with Jedi-SDL. So perhaps I don't need a specific
SDL_opengl header (I'm porting a C app).

Darius

Re: Looking for SDL_opengl header

Matt Emson-2
On 08/12/2010 09:42, Darius Blaszyk wrote:

> Couldn't find it there, although there are some examples with SDL and
> OpenGL available with Jedi-SDL. So perhaps I don't need a specific
> SDL_opengl header (I'm porting a C app).
>
> Darius

Did you try here? http://www.freepascal-meets-sdl.net/
Or here? http://www.pascalgamedevelopment.com/content.php

Also, I used to work with a guy called Dominique Louis (he now owns
Savage Software, who seem to still be around) and he was an extremely
big Delphi/Pascal game development advocate. I believe he had a hand in
the Jedi SDL conversion, at least for FreePascal. It might be worth
trying to get in contact with him. He might even be on this list.

Re: Looking for SDL_opengl header

Paul Nicholls
> On 08/12/2010 09:42, Darius Blaszyk wrote:
>>
>> Couldn't find it there, although there are some examples with SDL and
>> OpenGL available with Jedi-SDL. So perhaps I don't need a specific
>> SDL_opengl header (I'm porting a C app).
>>
>> Darius
>

> Did you try here? http://www.freepascal-meets-sdl.net/
> Or here? http://www.pascalgamedevelopment.com/content.php
>
> Also, I used to work with a guy called Dominique Louis (he now owns
> Savage Software, who seem to still be around) and he was an extremely
> big Delphi/Pascal game development advocate. I believe he had a hand in
> the Jedi SDL conversion, at least for FreePascal. It might be worth
> trying to get in contact with him. He might even be on this list.

You can also find Dominique on these forums:

www.pascalgamedevelopment.com

See his profile page here:

http://www.pascalgamedevelopment.com/member.php?10-savage

and here is Savage Software:

http://www.savagesoftwaresolutions.com/

He is/was the main guy doing the Jedi-SDL project :)

cheers,
Paul

Re: Looking for SDL_opengl header

Michalis Kamburelis-3
Darius Blaszyk wrote:
> Has anyone ever converted the SDL_opengl header to FPC? Couldn't find it
> in the repository, but perhaps someone knows if it is part of another
> project.

SDL_opengl.h is just (one of the) cross-platform ways to include OpenGL
stuff in C programs. We don't need it in FPC, just use GL, GLU, GLExt
units as usual.

(BTW, Jedi-sdl indeed includes also a version of GL, GLU, GLExt units,
but these are (at least, were not) suitable for FPC. See my notes at the
bottom of http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Talk:FPC_and_SDL).

Michalis

On Wed, 2010-12-08 at 23:06 +0100, Michalis Kamburelis wrote:
> Darius Blaszyk wrote:
> > Has anyone ever converted the SDL_opengl header to FPC? Couldn't find it
> > in the repository, but perhaps someone knows if it is part of another
> > project.
> >

> SDL_opengl.h is just (one of the) cross-platform ways to include OpenGL
> stuff in C programs. We don't need it in FPC, just use GL, GLU, GLExt
> units as usual.

Thanks for the info, just as I figured.

Regards, Darius