Linux, keypressed, readkey

Rainer Stratmann
Is it possible to do

keypressed and readkey

directly with a systemcall in linux without unit crt?

Re: Linux, keypressed, readkey

Sven Barth-2

Am 19.12.2014 13:55 schrieb "Rainer Stratmann" <[hidden email]>:

> Is it possible to do
>
> keypressed and readkey
>
> directly with a systemcall in linux without unit crt?

Unit CRT is basically only reading from StdIn to determine pressed keys. Just look at the implementation of KeyPressed and ReadKey in CRT to see how it's done.

 On Friday 19 December 2014 14:13:42 you wrote:

> Am 19.12.2014 13:55 schrieb "Rainer Stratmann" <[hidden email]
>
> > Is it possible to do
> >
> > keypressed and readkey
> >
> > directly with a systemcall in linux without unit crt?
>
> Unit CRT is basically only reading from StdIn to determine pressed keys.
> Just look at the implementation of KeyPressed and ReadKey in CRT to see how
> it's done.

I downloaded the sources, but can not find the crt sources.

fpsrc/rtl/linux ?

> Regards,
> Sven

Re: Linux, keypressed, readkey

Tomas Hajny-2
On Fri, December 19, 2014 13:54, Rainer Stratmann wrote:
> Is it possible to do
>
> keypressed and readkey
>
> directly with a systemcall in linux without unit crt?

Unit keyboard provides another solution across all supported platforms
(without certain disadvantages of unit Crt).

Tomas

Re: Linux, keypressed, readkey

Kiên Nguyễn Tiến Trung
Units keyboard, video, mouse are strongly better than unit crt. I recommend you to use them.

On Fri, December 19, 2014 13:54, Rainer Stratmann wrote:
> Is it possible to do
>
> keypressed and readkey
>
> directly with a systemcall in linux without unit crt?

Unit keyboard provides another solution across all supported platforms
(without certain disadvantages of unit Crt).

Tomas

Re: Linux, keypressed, readkey

leledumbo
Administrator

latest stable: http://svn.freepascal.org/svn/fpc/tags/release_2_6_4/rtl/unix/crt.pp
trunk: http://svn.freepascal.org/svn/fpc/trunk/packages/rtl-console/src/unix/crt.pp

 On Sunday 21 December 2014 07:26:42 you wrote:
> > I downloaded the sources, but can not find the crt sources.
> >
> >fpsrc/rtl/linux ?
>
> latest stable:
> http://svn.freepascal.org/svn/fpc/tags/release_2_6_4/rtl/unix/crt.pp
> trunk: