Limit concurrent connections to Firebird DB

Limit concurrent connections to Firebird DB

Anybody know how I can limit concurrent connections to a Firebird DB
via a FPC/Lazarus application.  I am currently using FBLib as my
database component, but info on any sql component will do.

Interbase used to have a Licensing API build into the database.  Did
Firebird inherit that?

Regards,
  Graeme.

--
There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Re: Limit concurrent connections to Firebird DB

Michael Van Canneyt

On Thu, 1 Jun 2006, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Anybody know how I can limit concurrent connections to a Firebird DB
> via a FPC/Lazarus application.  I am currently using FBLib as my
> database component, but info on any sql component will do.
>
> Interbase used to have a Licensing API build into the database.  Did
> Firebird inherit that?

Obviously not, since it is open source.

There is no way to limit this, unless you recode the Firebird Server.
In your own program, you can simply keep a count of the number of
connection components...