License terms for FastHTMLParser

Christo Crause
While reading up on the history of FastHTMLParser (to find out who/where
the root owner of this unit is) I noticed that the last release (0.4)
from Jazarsoft
(http://web.archive.org/web/20050112010608/http://www.jazarsoft.com/download/fasthtmlparser-0.4-delphi.zip) has a permissive license, while the file in the FPC source tree has the GPL pasted at the top.  I also see that Andrew Haines is listed as the copyright holder in the FPC source, while the original file listed Jazarsoft.  I know Andrew developed the chm support in FPC/Lazarus, but it seems as if he isn't the original author of this unit.

I think the original license & copyright should be restored for this
unit, any comments?

Best wishes,
Christo

Re: License terms for FastHTMLParser

Graeme Geldenhuys-6
On 2015-03-08 15:23, Christo wrote:
> I think the original license & copyright should be restored for this
> unit, any comments?

I believe LARS (aka L505 - or something like that) also modified the
original file from Jazarsoft. I believe the original copyright was still
intact as part of the Powtils (CGI & Internet tools/framework)

Looking at the unit included with FPC, the original copyright is there,
but a new copyright header was added above it. This new one is probably
not needed, unless the FPC developers explicitly wanted to limit their
modified version to be LGPL2 license only?

Re: License terms for FastHTMLParser

Andrew Haines
On 03/08/2015 11:23 AM, Christo wrote:

> While reading up on the history of FastHTMLParser (to find out who/where
> the root owner of this unit is) I noticed that the last release (0.4)
> from Jazarsoft
> (http://web.archive.org/web/20050112010608/http://www.jazarsoft.com/download/fasthtmlparser-0.4-delphi.zip) has a permissive license, while the file in the FPC source tree has the GPL pasted at the top.  I also see that Andrew Haines is listed as the copyright holder in the FPC source, while the original file listed Jazarsoft.  I know Andrew developed the chm support in FPC/Lazarus, but it seems as if he isn't the original author of this unit.
>
> I think the original license & copyright should be restored for this
> unit, any comments?
>
> Best wishes,
> Christo

I probably pasted the license by mistake when I was adding it to the
rest of the files. I submitted a bug report that removes it.

Regards,

Andrew Haines