When making a DLL, I noticed that certain compiler options must be off in order for it
I had both strip symbols option on and smart linking options on. The DLL did not work
(properly). Gave exceptions.
I took all three of those options off and now the DLL works (properly).
Not sure if this is the case with GnuLinux .SO files, probably is.. I'll be doing work
there later today.
Now it's a matter of finding out which of those compiler option causes the problems
(unless someone here knows).. and since it does cause problems, I'll have to make a
writeup about this. I think we need a DLL template and more examples, so I'll upload
some. Once you have a working example, it's so much easier. Maybe even I could make a
lazarus "DLL wizard" out of it, or "Library wizard" in the case of other operating
Other notes I took:
Must have app gui option set. Command line programs do not work as DLL's! Maybe not so
Must place "exports" clause in the program, not in any of the units. That should be
fairly clear, but sometimes you forget.