Lazarus smartlinking

denisgolovan
Hi all

I am trying to get smartlinking working, but it seems a bit harder than I expected. I am interested in both Linux and Windows arches.
I was able to build fpc using "RELEASE=1 CREATESMART=1 LINKSMART=1" make flags.
So far so good.

However, when I tried building Lazarus with the same make flags, it just fails early with:
(3104) Compiling fcllaz.pas
Fatal: (10022) Can't find unit process used by RegisterFC

I found out it's related to RELEASE=1 flag. Looks like recent Lazarus cannot be build with RELEASE=1 at all (-n is passed and fpc can no longer find its own units).

I removing RELEASE=1 and leaving CREATESMART=1 LINKSMART=1, but it looks like makefiles pass -g -gl flags to compiler and Linux compiler does not like dwarf debug info together with smartlinking.

Can somebody give a hint on a proper build sequence for Lazarus?

Denis Golovan