Lazarus 1.0.8 Release

Mattias Gaertner
The Lazarus team is glad to announce the release of Lazarus 1.0.8.

This is a bug fix release, built with the current fpc 2.6.2. The
previous release 1.0.6 was built with 2.6.0.

Here is the list of changes for Lazarus and Free Pascal:
http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Lazarus_1.0_fixes_branch#Fixes_for_1.0.8
http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/User_Changes_2.6.2

The release is available for download at SourceForge:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/lazarus/files/

Choose your CPU, OS, distro and then the "Lazarus 1.0.8" directory.

Minimum requirements:
Windows:       98, 2k, XP, Vista, 7, 32 or 64bit
FreeBSD/Linux: gtk 2.8 or qt4.5, 32 or 64bit
Mac OS X:      10.5, LCL only 32bit, non LCL apps can be 64bit

The svn tag is
http://svn.freepascal.org/svn/lazarus/tags/lazarus_1_0_8

For people who are blocked by SF, the Lazarus releases from SourceForge
are mirrored at:
ftp://freepascal.dfmk.hu/pub/lazarus/releases/
and later at (after some time for synchronization)
http://michael-ep3.physik.uni-halle.de/Lazarus/releases/
and
http://mirrors.iwi.me/lazarus/

Re: [fpc-other] Lazarus 1.0.8 Release

Giuliano Colla
Il 19/03/2013 10:28, Mattias Gaertner ha scritto:
> The Lazarus team is glad to announce the release of Lazarus 1.0.8.
>
> This is a bug fix release, built with the current fpc 2.6.2. The
> previous release 1.0.6 was built with 2.6.0.

Although with the last updates RHEL5.x and CentOs 5.x do claim to
support the new compression format, they don't manage to handle those
rpm's. I didn't test with Suse 10.x, but I'm afraid that the problem
will be there too.

For those interested, repackaged versions of Lazarus 1.0.8 and fpc
2.6.2, compatible with those distros can be downloaded from the
following link:

http://www.bononiadocta.it/Lazarus/

Have fun!

Giuliano