LINKLIB on Cygwin

Alan Mead
Jeff Pohlmeyer gave me a short program demonstrating the use of the readline and history libraries, the program begins:

 program histdemo;
{$LINKLIB ncurses}
{$LINKLIB readline}
{$LINKLIB history}
{$LINKLIB c}
It works great on Linux but I haven't been able to figure out how to get it to work under Cygwin.  I have the libraries in c:\cygwin\lib (e.g., libncurses.dll.a) and I have found different forms that allow the program to link (e.g., "{$LINKLIB ncurses.dll.a}" or "{$LINKLIB libncurses.dll.a}") but when I run the program I get a Windows dialog titled "Unable To Locate Component" and displaying "This application has failed to start because readline.dll was not found..."

I know very little about Windows programming or linking external libraries... any thoughts would be appreciated!

-Alan

Re: LINKLIB on Cygwin

Tony Pelton
do you have the DLL's somewhere in your PATH so that the windows lib
loader can find them at runtime ?

e.g. PATH=c:\cygwin\lib ?

Tony