Issue with Linking

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
50 messages Options
123
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Issue with Linking

Chris Moody
Hi all,

So I reset up my Pi and I was able to get the current version of FPC to
get as far as the linking stage, at which point it shows this:

/usr/bin/ld: warning: link.res contains output sections; did you forget -T?
/home/pi/fpc-2.6.4/lib/fpc/2.6.4/units/arm-linux/rtl/cprt0.o: In
function `_haltproc_eabi':
(.text+0x88): undefined reference to `_fini'
/home/pi/fpc-2.6.4/lib/fpc/2.6.4/units/arm-linux/rtl/cprt0.o: In
function `_haltproc_eabi':
(.text+0x90): undefined reference to `_init'
Dentist.pas(106) Error: Error while linking
Dentist.pas(106) Fatal: There were 1 errors compiling module, stopping
Fatal: Compilation aborted
Error: /home/pi/fpc-2.6.4/bin/ppcarm returned an error exitcode (normal
if you did not specify a source file to be compiled)

I'm not sure how to fix this. If anyone can assist, it would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks once again,

Chris
_______________________________________________
fpc-pascal maillist  -  [hidden email]
http://lists.freepascal.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/fpc-pascal
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Issue with Linking

Karoly Balogh (Charlie/SGR)
Hi,

On Wed, 19 Aug 2015, Chris Moody wrote:

> I'm not sure how to fix this. If anyone can assist, it would be greatly
> appreciated.

You link against the libc (because of the nature of the source you're
compiling) but C development files are not installed on your system.

You should probably:
apt-get install libc-dev

at least, but I usually just install the Debian/Raspbian/Ubuntu
"build-essential" package, which installs a ton of other libs and useful
development tools. (Warning: this might take some space, so only do this
if you have a large-enough storage device on your RPi.)

Charlie
_______________________________________________
fpc-pascal maillist  -  [hidden email]
http://lists.freepascal.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/fpc-pascal
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Issue with Linking

Jonas Maebe-2
In reply to this post by Chris Moody
On 19/08/15 22:02, Chris Moody wrote:

> So I reset up my Pi and I was able to get the current version of FPC to
> get as far as the linking stage, at which point it shows this:
>
> /usr/bin/ld: warning: link.res contains output sections; did you forget -T?
> /home/pi/fpc-2.6.4/lib/fpc/2.6.4/units/arm-linux/rtl/cprt0.o: In
> function `_haltproc_eabi':
> (.text+0x88): undefined reference to `_fini'
> /home/pi/fpc-2.6.4/lib/fpc/2.6.4/units/arm-linux/rtl/cprt0.o: In
> function `_haltproc_eabi':
> (.text+0x90): undefined reference to `_init'
> Dentist.pas(106) Error: Error while linking
> Dentist.pas(106) Fatal: There were 1 errors compiling module, stopping
> Fatal: Compilation aborted
> Error: /home/pi/fpc-2.6.4/bin/ppcarm returned an error exitcode (normal
> if you did not specify a source file to be compiled)
>
> I'm not sure how to fix this. If anyone can assist, it would be greatly
> appreciated.

As mentioned several times before, the standard FPC 2.6.4 does not
support the Linux distributions for the Raspberry Pi. You get the linker
error because FPC has been compiled for ARM EABI (aka "armel") and is
looking for the symbols in the ARM EABI startup code (which is probably
not installed on your system), while the Raspberry Pi uses ARM EABIHF.

The solution is to use the FPC 2.6.4 from the package repository of your
Raspberry Pi Linux distribution, or to compile FPC 3.x instead of FPC
2.6.4 (with OPT=-dFPC_ARMHF while building FPC).


Jonas
_______________________________________________
fpc-pascal maillist  -  [hidden email]
http://lists.freepascal.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/fpc-pascal
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Issue with Linking

Chris Moody
In reply to this post by Karoly Balogh (Charlie/SGR)


On 08/19/2015 01:08 PM, Karoly Balogh (Charlie/SGR) wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Wed, 19 Aug 2015, Chris Moody wrote:
>
>> I'm not sure how to fix this. If anyone can assist, it would be greatly
>> appreciated.
> You link against the libc (because of the nature of the source you're
> compiling) but C development files are not installed on your system.
>
> You should probably:
> apt-get install libc-dev
>
> at least, but I usually just install the Debian/Raspbian/Ubuntu
> "build-essential" package, which installs a ton of other libs and useful
> development tools. (Warning: this might take some space, so only do this
> if you have a large-enough storage device on your RPi.)
>
> Charlie
> _______________________________________________
>
Hi Charlie, thanks for the quick reply.

It seems I have both already:

pi@raspberrypi ~ $ sudo apt-get install build-essential
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
build-essential is already the newest version.
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
pi@raspberrypi ~ $ sudo apt-get install libc-dev
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Note, selecting 'libc6-dev' instead of 'libc-dev'
libc6-dev is already the newest version.
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.

Any other ideas?

Chris
_______________________________________________
fpc-pascal maillist  -  [hidden email]
http://lists.freepascal.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/fpc-pascal
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Issue with Linking

Chris Moody
In reply to this post by Jonas Maebe-2


On 08/19/2015 01:12 PM, Jonas Maebe wrote:

> On 19/08/15 22:02, Chris Moody wrote:
>> So I reset up my Pi and I was able to get the current version of FPC to
>> get as far as the linking stage, at which point it shows this:
>>
>> /usr/bin/ld: warning: link.res contains output sections; did you forget -T?
>> /home/pi/fpc-2.6.4/lib/fpc/2.6.4/units/arm-linux/rtl/cprt0.o: In
>> function `_haltproc_eabi':
>> (.text+0x88): undefined reference to `_fini'
>> /home/pi/fpc-2.6.4/lib/fpc/2.6.4/units/arm-linux/rtl/cprt0.o: In
>> function `_haltproc_eabi':
>> (.text+0x90): undefined reference to `_init'
>> Dentist.pas(106) Error: Error while linking
>> Dentist.pas(106) Fatal: There were 1 errors compiling module, stopping
>> Fatal: Compilation aborted
>> Error: /home/pi/fpc-2.6.4/bin/ppcarm returned an error exitcode (normal
>> if you did not specify a source file to be compiled)
>>
>> I'm not sure how to fix this. If anyone can assist, it would be greatly
>> appreciated.
> As mentioned several times before, the standard FPC 2.6.4 does not
> support the Linux distributions for the Raspberry Pi. You get the linker
> error because FPC has been compiled for ARM EABI (aka "armel") and is
> looking for the symbols in the ARM EABI startup code (which is probably
> not installed on your system), while the Raspberry Pi uses ARM EABIHF.
>
> The solution is to use the FPC 2.6.4 from the package repository of your
> Raspberry Pi Linux distribution, or to compile FPC 3.x instead of FPC
> 2.6.4 (with OPT=-dFPC_ARMHF while building FPC).
>
>
> Jonas

Okay I will try to get the 2.6.4, as I'm not sure how to compile the 3.x
if I can't compile on the Pi.


_______________________________________________
fpc-pascal maillist  -  [hidden email]
http://lists.freepascal.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/fpc-pascal
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Issue with Linking

Karoly Balogh (Charlie/SGR)
In reply to this post by Chris Moody
Hi,

On Wed, 19 Aug 2015, Chris Moody wrote:

> It seems I have both already:
>
> Any other ideas?

Yes. Sadly, I was too quick to reply. See what Jonas wrote in his mail.

Charlie
_______________________________________________
fpc-pascal maillist  -  [hidden email]
http://lists.freepascal.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/fpc-pascal
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Issue with Linking

Graeme Geldenhuys-6
In reply to this post by Jonas Maebe-2
On 2015-08-19 21:12, Jonas Maebe wrote:
> while the Raspberry Pi uses ARM EABIHF.

Doesn't that apply only for the newer Raspberry Pi 2 models? I have
Raspberry Pi 1 model B revision 2, and I believe mine uses ARM EABI.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

--
fpGUI Toolkit - a cross-platform GUI toolkit using Free Pascal
http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/
_______________________________________________
fpc-pascal maillist  -  [hidden email]
http://lists.freepascal.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/fpc-pascal
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Issue with Linking

Jonas Maebe-2
Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> On 2015-08-19 21:12, Jonas Maebe wrote:
>> while the Raspberry Pi uses ARM EABIHF.
>
> Doesn't that apply only for the newer Raspberry Pi 2 models? I have
> Raspberry Pi 1 model B revision 2, and I believe mine uses ARM EABI.

No:
https://www.raspbian.org/RaspbianFAQ#What_compilation_options_should_be_set_Raspbian_code.3F

(-mfloat-abi=hard -> EABI + hard float = EABIHF)


Jonas
_______________________________________________
fpc-pascal maillist  -  [hidden email]
http://lists.freepascal.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/fpc-pascal
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Issue with Linking

Chris Moody
In reply to this post by Graeme Geldenhuys-6


On 08/19/2015 03:41 PM, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> On 2015-08-19 21:12, Jonas Maebe wrote:
>> while the Raspberry Pi uses ARM EABIHF.
> Doesn't that apply only for the newer Raspberry Pi 2 models? I have
> Raspberry Pi 1 model B revision 2, and I believe mine uses ARM EABI.
>
> Regards,
>    - Graeme -
>
How do I verify what mine uses? I've found the directions at
http://michellcomputing.co.uk/blog/2014/05/freepascal-2-7-1-on-raspberry-pi/ 
can't seem to be followed as Thaddy seems to not renewed his domain name.

This makes it unable to get the seed compiler, unless someone else knows
of another location? I was unable to find another one.

Chris
_______________________________________________
fpc-pascal maillist  -  [hidden email]
http://lists.freepascal.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/fpc-pascal
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Issue with Linking

Graeme Geldenhuys-6
In reply to this post by Jonas Maebe-2
On 2015-08-19 23:53, Jonas Maebe wrote:
>
> No:
> https://www.raspbian.org/RaspbianFAQ#What_compilation_options_should_be_set_Raspbian_code.3F

Ah, many thanks for clarifying that.



Regards,
  - Graeme -

_______________________________________________
fpc-pascal maillist  -  [hidden email]
http://lists.freepascal.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/fpc-pascal
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Issue with Linking

Chris Moody
In reply to this post by Chris Moody


On 08/19/2015 03:56 PM, Chris Moody wrote:

>
>
> On 08/19/2015 03:41 PM, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
>> On 2015-08-19 21:12, Jonas Maebe wrote:
>>> while the Raspberry Pi uses ARM EABIHF.
>> Doesn't that apply only for the newer Raspberry Pi 2 models? I have
>> Raspberry Pi 1 model B revision 2, and I believe mine uses ARM EABI.
>>
>> Regards,
>>    - Graeme -
>>
> How do I verify what mine uses? I've found the directions at
> http://michellcomputing.co.uk/blog/2014/05/freepascal-2-7-1-on-raspberry-pi/ 
> can't seem to be followed as Thaddy seems to not renewed his domain name.
>
> This makes it unable to get the seed compiler, unless someone else
> knows of another location? I was unable to find another one.
>
> Chris

I also was unable to compile version 3.0 on the Pi:

Writing Resource String Table file: fpmkunit.rsj
Assembling fpmkunit
25119 lines compiled, 9.7 sec
30 warning(s) issued
9 note(s) issued
make[4]: Leaving directory
'/home/pi/dentist/release_3_0_0_rc1/fpcsrc/packages/fpmkunit'
/home/pi/dentist/release_3_0_0_rc1/fpcsrc/compiler/ppcarm fpmake.pp
-Fu/home/pi/dentist/release_3_0_0_rc1/fpcsrc/packages/fpmkunit/units_bs/arm-linux
-Fu/home/pi/dentist/release_3_0_0_rc1/fpcsrc/rtl/units/arm-linux
Free Pascal Compiler version 3.0.0rc1 [2015/08/19] for arm
Copyright (c) 1993-2015 by Florian Klaempfl and others
Target OS: Linux for ARMEL
Compiling fpmake.pp
fpmake.pp(16,3) Note: Local variable "T" is assigned but never used
Assembling fpmake
Linking fpmake
fpmake.pp(49) Warning: "crti.o" not found, this will probably cause a
linking failure
fpmake.pp(49) Warning: "crtbegin.o" not found, this will probably cause
a linking failure
fpmake.pp(49) Warning: "crtend.o" not found, this will probably cause a
linking failure
fpmake.pp(49) Warning: "crtn.o" not found, this will probably cause a
linking failure
/usr/bin/ld: warning: link.res contains output sections; did you forget -T?
/home/pi/dentist/release_3_0_0_rc1/fpcsrc/rtl/units/arm-linux/cprt0.o:
In function `_haltproc_eabi':
(.text+0x88): undefined reference to `_fini'
/home/pi/dentist/release_3_0_0_rc1/fpcsrc/rtl/units/arm-linux/cprt0.o:
In function `_haltproc_eabi':
(.text+0x90): undefined reference to `_init'
fpmake.pp(49) Error: Error while linking
fpmake.pp(49) Fatal: There were 1 errors compiling module, stopping
Fatal: Compilation aborted
Makefile:1659: recipe for target 'fpmake' failed
make[3]: *** [fpmake] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory
'/home/pi/dentist/release_3_0_0_rc1/fpcsrc/packages'
Makefile:2616: recipe for target 'packages_smart' failed
make[2]: *** [packages_smart] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/pi/dentist/release_3_0_0_rc1/fpcsrc'
Makefile:2812: recipe for target 'build-stamp.arm-linux' failed
make[1]: *** [build-stamp.arm-linux] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/pi/dentist/release_3_0_0_rc1/fpcsrc'
Makefile:2186: recipe for target 'fpcsrc/build-stamp.arm-linux' failed
make: *** [fpcsrc/build-stamp.arm-linux] Error 2

This was compiled with FPC 2.6.4, if this helps any.

Thanks,

Chris
_______________________________________________
fpc-pascal maillist  -  [hidden email]
http://lists.freepascal.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/fpc-pascal
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Issue with Linking

Martin Schreiber-2
In reply to this post by Chris Moody
On Thursday 20 August 2015 00:56:46 Chris Moody wrote:
>
> How do I verify what mine uses? I've found the directions at
> http://michellcomputing.co.uk/blog/2014/05/freepascal-2-7-1-on-raspberry-pi
>/ can't seem to be followed as Thaddy seems to not renewed his domain name.
>
> This makes it unable to get the seed compiler, unless someone else knows
> of another location? I was unable to find another one.
>
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mseide-msegui/files/fpcarm/

Please remember:

http://mseide-msegui.sourceforge.net/pics/crossarm.png
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mseide-msegui/files/fpcrossarm/

Martin
_______________________________________________
fpc-pascal maillist  -  [hidden email]
http://lists.freepascal.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/fpc-pascal
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Issue with Linking

Jonas Maebe-2
In reply to this post by Chris Moody
Chris Moody wrote:
> Free Pascal Compiler version 3.0.0rc1 [2015/08/19] for arm
> Copyright (c) 1993-2015 by Florian Klaempfl and others
> Target OS: Linux for ARMEL

This means that you probably did not specify OPT=-dFPC_ARMHF while
building FPC 3.0.


Jonas
_______________________________________________
fpc-pascal maillist  -  [hidden email]
http://lists.freepascal.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/fpc-pascal
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Issue with Linking

Martin Schreiber-2
On Thursday 20 August 2015 09:07:59 Jonas Maebe wrote:
> Chris Moody wrote:
> > Free Pascal Compiler version 3.0.0rc1 [2015/08/19] for arm
> > Copyright (c) 1993-2015 by Florian Klaempfl and others
> > Target OS: Linux for ARMEL
>
> This means that you probably did not specify OPT=-dFPC_ARMHF while
> building FPC 3.0.
>
Where can we find a list of the possible and necessary options for building
the Free Pascal compiler? "compiler/README.txt" looks incomplete.
How can we find out the possible make targets and its meanings in "compiler"
other than analyzing the make file?

Thanks, Martin
_______________________________________________
fpc-pascal maillist  -  [hidden email]
http://lists.freepascal.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/fpc-pascal
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Issue with Linking

Jonas Maebe-2
Martin Schreiber wrote:
> Where can we find a list of the possible and necessary options for building
> the Free Pascal compiler? "compiler/README.txt" looks incomplete.

The most complete documentation is Marco's buildfaq:

> How can we find out the possible make targets and its meanings in "compiler"
> other than analyzing the make file?

There is no such documentation at this time, although in general adding
CPU_TARGET=x OS_TARGET=y is all you need.

The problem Linux/ARM specifically is also that you have to be pretty
much an expert at Linux/ARM and know exactly what the capabilities of
your ARM hardware are before you can know what you have to build,
independent of instructions regarding how to build it (which doesn't
mean that instructions regarding how to build it are superfluous, of
course).

The reason is that there are so many different incompatible versions of
that platform:
* OABI big/little endian
* OABI with AFP big/little endian
* (EABI versions 0 to 5) with softfloat (always little endian)
* ((EABI versions 0 to 5) with softfp) and ((no fpu) or VFPv2 or
(VFPv3/4 with (d16 or d32))) (always little endian)
* ((EABI version 5) with hard-float) and (VFPv2 or (VFPv3/4 with (d16 or
d32))) (always little endian)

And there are probably already more in the mean time...

Now, OABI is basically unused nowadays and with the EABI targets there
are some fairly safe defaults, so even if you don't know the exact VFP
unit or what EABI version you have, the compiler and assembler/linker
will generally use something by default that works (albeit not
necessarily optimal). So it's not as bad as it may seem at first sight
from the above list, but it's far from trivial.

Additionally, the ARM port of FPC was the first one that had to support
multiple ABIs for the same platform, and as a result has not been
implemented in the best way possible, requiring different compiler
binaries to target different ABIs (which is why these extra OPT=
parameters are required). Changing that also requires overhauling the
build system though, as we would have to store units compiled for a
different ABI in different directories. There's an svn branch for this
(http://svn.freepascal.org/svn/fpc/branches/target-subdir/ ), but fpmake
support for this is still missing (the Makefiles already work fine).


Jonas
_______________________________________________
fpc-pascal maillist  -  [hidden email]
http://lists.freepascal.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/fpc-pascal
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Issue with Linking

Graeme Geldenhuys-6
In reply to this post by Chris Moody
Hi Chris,

I thought you might try the following pre-built FPC ARM compiler created
by Paul Breneman - packaged as "EasyfpGUI". He packages everything you
need to get started into a single 5.7MB zip archive. It even includes
fpGUI and some demo programs (serial debug terminal, fpGUI's visual
forms designer, fpGUI alpha  IDE).

Visit this URL:

  http://www.turbocontrol.com/easyfpgui.htm

...then scroll down to the "ARM systems" section. The first few links
are for Linux/ARM systems. All instructions are shown there too.


Regards,
  - Graeme -

--
fpGUI Toolkit - a cross-platform GUI toolkit using Free Pascal
http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/
_______________________________________________
fpc-pascal maillist  -  [hidden email]
http://lists.freepascal.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/fpc-pascal
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Issue with Linking

Martin Schreiber-2
In reply to this post by Jonas Maebe-2
On Thursday 20 August 2015 10:01:03 Jonas Maebe wrote:
>
> The problem Linux/ARM specifically is also that you have to be pretty
> much an expert at Linux/ARM and know exactly what the capabilities of
> your ARM hardware are before you can know what you have to build,
> independent of instructions regarding how to build it (which doesn't
> mean that instructions regarding how to build it are superfluous, of
> course).
>
May I suggest to open a section in the Wiki where the necessary settings for
different known ARM hardware/software targets are listed, can be approved by
the experts and added to "compiler/README.txt" where it can be kept in sync
with the corresponding FPC version?
I don't dare to open such a Wiki section myself because I don't know enough
about the matter and I don't know if and where the FPC team likes to place
such information.

Thanks, Martin
_______________________________________________
fpc-pascal maillist  -  [hidden email]
http://lists.freepascal.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/fpc-pascal
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Issue with Linking

Jonas Maebe-2
On 20/08/15 14:34, Martin Schreiber wrote:

> On Thursday 20 August 2015 10:01:03 Jonas Maebe wrote:
>>
>> The problem Linux/ARM specifically is also that you have to be pretty
>> much an expert at Linux/ARM and know exactly what the capabilities of
>> your ARM hardware are before you can know what you have to build,
>> independent of instructions regarding how to build it (which doesn't
>> mean that instructions regarding how to build it are superfluous, of
>> course).
>>
> May I suggest to open a section in the Wiki where the necessary settings for
> different known ARM hardware/software targets are listed, can be approved by
> the experts and added to "compiler/README.txt" where it can be kept in sync
> with the corresponding FPC version?

That is virtually impossible. You can perfectly install a softfp
toolchain and libraries on a Raspberry Pi if you want. Or a hardfloat
distribution on a Pandaboard that originally came with a softfp Linux
version. Even if you would only consider default installations, then I
think there is still no one expert enough to know the details about
every possible combination of ARM board and version of a particular
Linux distribution.

The only thing we can document is how to build the various compiler
flavours for different ARM ABIs and hardware features. Which combination
you have is something you will always have to figure out for yourself,
and is completely unrelated to FPC (FPC uses standard terminology in
this respect).


Jonas
_______________________________________________
fpc-pascal maillist  -  [hidden email]
http://lists.freepascal.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/fpc-pascal
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Issue with Linking

Martin Schreiber-2
On Thursday 20 August 2015 14:46:15 Jonas Maebe wrote:

> > May I suggest to open a section in the Wiki where the necessary settings
> > for different known ARM hardware/software targets are listed, can be
> > approved by the experts and added to "compiler/README.txt" where it can
> > be kept in sync with the corresponding FPC version?
>
> That is virtually impossible. You can perfectly install a softfp
> toolchain and libraries on a Raspberry Pi if you want. Or a hardfloat
> distribution on a Pandaboard that originally came with a softfp Linux
> version. Even if you would only consider default installations, then I
> think there is still no one expert enough to know the details about
> every possible combination of ARM board and version of a particular
> Linux distribution.
>
I don't mean "every possible combination" but known working settings for usual
hardware/software targets. Therefore the Wiki where platform supporter can
publish there findings in a central place.
I accept that an up-to-date and maintained "compiler/README.txt" is a pipe
dream.

Martin
_______________________________________________
fpc-pascal maillist  -  [hidden email]
http://lists.freepascal.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/fpc-pascal
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Issue with Linking

Chris Moody
In reply to this post by Graeme Geldenhuys-6


On 08/20/2015 04:53 AM, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:

> Hi Chris,
>
> I thought you might try the following pre-built FPC ARM compiler created
> by Paul Breneman - packaged as "EasyfpGUI". He packages everything you
> need to get started into a single 5.7MB zip archive. It even includes
> fpGUI and some demo programs (serial debug terminal, fpGUI's visual
> forms designer, fpGUI alpha  IDE).
>
> Visit this URL:
>
>    http://www.turbocontrol.com/easyfpgui.htm
>
> ...then scroll down to the "ARM systems" section. The first few links
> are for Linux/ARM systems. All instructions are shown there too.
>
>
> Regards,
>    - Graeme -
>
Hi Graeme,

Thanks for that. Do you happen to know if you can build console based
apps with it also? I have a deadline fast approaching, and at this point
seriously considering re-writing the code in a language I know is
supported on the Pi.

I had first chosen FreePascal, because Turbo Pascal was the language I
fell in love with first, when I was learning to program. However for the
issues I've been having I'm really having to re-think if its been worth it.

Chris
_______________________________________________
fpc-pascal maillist  -  [hidden email]
http://lists.freepascal.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/fpc-pascal
123