Is there anything like PyChart for FPC?

Terry Kemp
Hi,
I have been playing with cgitest and got it working.
Now I would like to create dynamic line graphs on a web page from mysql
database (in FPC of course). Any clues on how to get started here?

Terry

Re: Is there anything like PyChart for FPC?

Michael Van Canneyt

On Thu, 2 Feb 2006, Terry Kemp wrote:

> Hi,
> I have been playing with cgitest and got it working.
> Now I would like to create dynamic line graphs on a web page from mysql
> database (in FPC of course). Any clues on how to get started here?

I can send you a project which does exactly this for the FPC testsuite.
The code is 100% FPC, no external libraries.

On Thu, 2006-02-02 at 09:31 +0100, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:

> I can send you a project which does exactly this for the FPC testsuite.
> The code is 100% FPC, no external libraries.
>
> Michael.

Please yes! Send to me off list.

Cheers

Terry

Re: Is there anything like PyChart for FPC?

L505

> > I can send you a project which does exactly this for the FPC testsuite.
> > The code is 100% FPC, no external libraries.
> >
> > Michael.
>
> Please yes! Send to me off list.
>
> Cheers
>
> Terry

I'd like to see too, post it somewhere public if possible. Hey, that's why we have
websites - share it with the world! :)

Re: Is there anything like PyChart for FPC?

On Thu, 2 Feb 2006, Terry Kemp wrote:

> On Thu, 2006-02-02 at 09:31 +0100, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:
>>

>> I can send you a project which does exactly this for the FPC testsuite.
>> The code is 100% FPC, no external libraries.
>>
>> Michael.
>
> Please yes! Send to me off list.

I posted it here:

http://www.freepascal.org/~michael/testsuite.zip

The unit you want is utest.pp and the method is CreateRunPie() and DoDrawPie().
It uses a TFPMemoryImage/TFPImageCanvas to draw on, so all
methods you are used to in Lazarus should be there.

Re: Is there anything like PyChart for FPC?

Terry Kemp

> The unit you want is utest.pp and the method is CreateRunPie() and DoDrawPie().
> It uses a TFPMemoryImage/TFPImageCanvas to draw on, so all
> methods you are used to in Lazarus should be there.
>
> Michael.

Perfect. That has saved me days / weeks of head banging frustration ;)
Thanks a lot.

Terry

tidypas (libtidy) question

Adem

I am using Jeffrey Pohlmeyer's TidyPas sources for LibTidy (Windows,
Delphi7) and I want to set the ErrorFile for the underlying lib to
nothing (nil, none).

But, when I do this, I get an AV (in Delphi7).

     tidyOptSetValue(fTidyDoc, TidyErrFile, ctmbstr(TIDY_NULL_FILE));
     tidySetErrorFile(fTidyDoc, ctmbstr(TIDY_NULL_FILE));

{ where TIDY_NULL_FILE = 'NUL' for Windows }

Could someone tell me what I am doing wrong.

RE: tidypas (libtidy) question

Jeff Pohlmeyer
> ... when I do this, I get an AV (in Delphi7).

>    tidyOptSetValue(fTidyDoc, TidyErrFile, ctmbstr(TIDY_NULL_FILE));
>    tidySetErrorFile(fTidyDoc, ctmbstr(TIDY_NULL_FILE));
>   { where TIDY_NULL_FILE = 'NUL' for Windows }

If you can send me (off-list) a short sample program that
shows the AV, maybe I can help.

Regards,
 - Jeff