Is there a reactive framework for Free Pascal?

Is there a reactive framework for Free Pascal?

Dennis

Is there something like Rx.net for Free Pascal?

Dennis

Re: Is there a reactive framework for Free Pascal?

leledumbo
Administrator
> Is there something like Rx.net for Free Pascal?

As far as I can search, none. Just reading the description already makes me want to take aspirins.

Re: Is there a reactive framework for Free Pascal?

Hi Dennis,

Would you mind explaining what is a “reactive framework”?

Regards,
  Graeme

Re: Is there a reactive framework for Free Pascal?

Sven Barth-2

Am 07.07.2016 10:13 schrieb "Graeme Geldenhuys" <[hidden email]>:

> Hi Dennis,
>
> Would you mind explaining what is a “reactive framework”?

http://reactivex.io/

Once we support helpers for interfaces and anonymous functions (and maybe lambda expressions ^.^ ) one could try to port it.

Re: Is there a reactive framework for Free Pascal?

Dennis Poon

Sven Barth wrote:

> Am 07.07.2016 10:13 schrieb "Graeme Geldenhuys"
> <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>>:
> >
> > Hi Dennis,
> >
> > Would you mind explaining what is a “reactive framework”?
>
> http://reactivex.io/
>
> Once we support helpers for interfaces and anonymous functions (and
> maybe lambda expressions ^.^ ) one could try to port it.
>
> Regards,
> Sven

How about for the time being, any library to help with distributing
tasks to various threads' queue.
Right now, only Application.QueueAsycnCall has a queue to which you can
send tasks (  procedure (integer) of object ).
Normal Tthread has  no queues.
I am implementing my own queues for worker thread and encounter some
problems when the program quits and some objects not being freed at the
right order.
The application then just hangs (I suppose because some objects are
still not freed so UI thread keeps on waiting). One of the 4 CPU cores
is thus at full capacity for ever.

I hope someone has done some work in this area which I can learn from.

Dennis

Re: Is there a reactive framework for Free Pascal?

Martin Schreiber-2
On Thursday 07 July 2016 18:05:51 Dennis Poon wrote:

> I hope someone has done some work in this area which I can learn from.

MSEgui has teventthread:
https://gitlab.com/mseide-msegui/mseide-msegui/raw/master/lib/common/kernel/msethread.pas
and tthreadcomp:
https://gitlab.com/mseide-msegui/mseide-msegui/raw/master/lib/common/kernel/msethreadcomp.pas