Internet audio streaming ?

fredvs
Hello.

I have some problem with audio internet streaming.
I would like to do it with mpg123 + portaudio libraries but...

Here is the procedure used by mpg123 =>
mpg123_open_fd = function( mh:Tmpg123_handle; fd: Integer).

I have sent to mpg123-forum that question =>

> Hello and congratulation for your superb library.
> In your doc you say that, for use of internet streaming, it is better to use
> mpg123_open_fd = function( mh: Tmpg123_handle; fd: Integer).
> OK but i do not understand what is fd parameter.
> Is it the ip address ? Because it is type of integer. ???
> Many thanks

Here their answer =>

> The parameter is a file descriptor you obtained from opening the HTTP connection yourself.
> There is no HTTP code in libmpg123 itself.

Hum, how can i obtain such of file descriptor ?
And how to open a HTTP connection ?
There is a new feature in fpc 3.x.x => a http client.
Could it do the job ?

PS: I have the fpc headers for mpg123 and portaudio libraries.
There are working perfectly with fpc => can play "local" *.mp3 without problem.

Thanks.

Fre;D
Many thanks ;-)

Re: Internet audio streaming ?

fredvs
Hello everybody and thanks for so much answers.

By the way, Andrew Haines explained how to do.

1) - Use fpPipe in BaseUnix/Unix to create a fifo.
2) - Create a THandleStream using the returned input value of fpPipe.
3) - Use mpg123_open_fd from the output value from fpPipe
4) - Use an instance of TfpHttpClient.Get(YourURL, AHandleStream) to
     retrieve the stream.

And... it works ;-)

Many, many thanks to Andrew.

PS:Andrew has done a excellent work with his PulseAudio wrapper =>
https://github.com/andrewd207/fpc-pulseaudio

Fre;D.
Many thanks ;-)

Re: Internet audio streaming ?

Andrew Haines
On 03/19/2015 09:26 AM, fredvs wrote:
> PS:Andrew has done a excellent work with his PulseAudio wrapper =>
> https://github.com/andrewd207/fpc-pulseaudio

Only the pulse simple bindings are complete. I'm ~70% done the full
pulse bindings.

Andrew

Re: Internet audio streaming ?

fredvs
Hello Andrew.

I am very interested by your PulseAudio bindings.

Hum, how many dependencies has PulseAudio ?
Could it be possible (like for PortAudio) to only dynamically load pulseaudio.so library ?
Or does PulseAudio need to be installed because of too many dependencies ?

Is PulseAudio usable for other systems than Linux ?

Many thanks.

Fre;D
Many thanks ;-)