Internal error 200203271

Koenraad Lelong-3
Hi,
When I ty to compile fpc-svn for arm-linux it stops with Internal error
200203271 when buildgtk2.pp/gtkspinbutton.inc is compiled.
I backtraced this :
Breakpoint 1, INTERNALERROR () at verbose.pas:446
446           begin
(gdb) bt
#0  INTERNALERROR () at verbose.pas:446
#1  0x080c9fdd in VTREF46_VMT_CGOBJ_TCG$$49 () at cgobj.pas:896
#2  0x08129759 in VTREF67_VMT_CGOBJ_TCG64$$28 () at ncgld.pas:649
#3  0x08123e00 in VTREF1_VMT_NODE_TNODE$$30 () at pass_2.pas:175
#4  0x08127b4a in TCGBLOCKNODE__PASS_2 () at ncgbas.pas:345
#5  0x08123e00 in VTREF1_VMT_NODE_TNODE$$30 () at pass_2.pas:175
#6  0x08127b4a in TCGBLOCKNODE__PASS_2 () at ncgbas.pas:345
#7  0x08123e00 in VTREF1_VMT_NODE_TNODE$$30 () at pass_2.pas:175
#8  0x08123e9f in DO_SECONDPASS () at pass_2.pas:205
#9  0x080e2665 in VTREF59_VMT_PARAMGR_TPARAMANAGER$$32 () at psub.pas:807
#10 0x080e343f in DO_GENERATE_CODE (parentfp=0xa8838b) at psub.pas:1274
#11 0x080e3394 in VTREF65_VMT_PROCINFO_TPROCINFO$$21 () at psub.pas:1349
#12 0x080e36aa in READ_PROC () at psub.pas:1484
#13 0x080e3a11 in READ_DECLARATIONS () at psub.pas:1592
#14 0x080e10eb in BLOCK () at psub.pas:165
#15 0x080e2f8d in TCGPROCINFO__PARSE_BODY () at psub.pas:1156
#16 0x080e0179 in VTREF16_VMT_SYMBASE_TSYMTABLE$$22 () at pmodules.pas:1008
#17 0x08090755 in COMPILE (FILENAME='./gtk+/gtk/gtk2.pas') at parser.pas:422
#18 0x080d6e72 in VTREF31_VMT_FPPU_TPPUMODULE$$21 () at fppu.pas:1411
#19 0x080df578 in VTREF9_VMT_SYMBASE_TSYMTABLE$$22 () at pmodules.pas:592
#20 0x080dfeb2 in VTREF16_VMT_SYMBASE_TSYMTABLE$$22 () at pmodules.pas:905
#21 0x08090755 in COMPILE (FILENAME='buildgtk2.pp') at parser.pas:422
#22 0x080627fc in COMPILE (CMD='') at compiler.pas:375
#23 0x0804829d in main () at pp.pas:212

Is this enough information to solve this ?
Regards,
Koenraad Lelong.

Re: Internal error 200203271

Steve Williams-3
Koenraad Lelong wrote:
> Hi,
> When I ty to compile fpc-svn for arm-linux it stops with Internal error
> 200203271 when buildgtk2.pp/gtkspinbutton.inc is compiled.

Was there a solution for this?  I've just come across this error now
while trying to build fpc-svn for arm-linux as well.  I'm using the
following command line on Win32 from the root of the fpc source tree.

make all OS_TARGET=linux CPU_TARGET=arm
CROSSBINDIR=c:\devkitpro\devkitgp2x\bin BINUTILSPREFIX=arm-linux-

--
Sly

This message and its attachments may contain legally privileged or confidential information. This message is intended for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the addressee indicated in this message, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you may not copy or deliver this message or its attachments to anyone. Rather, you should permanently delete this message and its attachments and kindly notify the sender by reply e-mail. Any content of this message and its attachments, which does not relate to the official business of the sending company must be taken not to have been sent or endorsed by the sending company or any of its related entities. No warranty is made that the e-mail or attachment(s) are free from computer virus or other defect.

Steve Williams wrote:

> Koenraad Lelong wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> When I ty to compile fpc-svn for arm-linux it stops with Internal error
>> 200203271 when buildgtk2.pp/gtkspinbutton.inc is compiled.
>>

> Was there a solution for this?  I've just come across this error now
> while trying to build fpc-svn for arm-linux as well.  I'm using the
> following command line on Win32 from the root of the fpc source tree.
>
> make all OS_TARGET=linux CPU_TARGET=arm
> CROSSBINDIR=c:\devkitpro\devkitgp2x\bin BINUTILSPREFIX=arm-linux-

I want to make sure I have this right.  I wish to build ppcarm.exe that
runs on Win32 and will create an arm-linux ELF.  Is OS_TARGET and
CPU_TARGET as used above correct?  Or do I use PPC_TARGET=arm?  Is there
any documentation on these parameters?  The Build FAQ gives an example
of building a compiler to run on another system.  I want to build a
compiler to run on my system that can build executables for another system.

[...]

Marco van de Voort
> > Was there a solution for this?  I've just come across this error now
> > while trying to build fpc-svn for arm-linux as well.  I'm using the
> > following command line on Win32 from the root of the fpc source tree.
> >
> > make all OS_TARGET=linux CPU_TARGET=arm
> > CROSSBINDIR=c:\devkitpro\devkitgp2x\bin BINUTILSPREFIX=arm-linux-
> >

> I want to make sure I have this right.  I wish to build ppcarm.exe that
> runs on Win32 and will create an arm-linux ELF.  Is OS_TARGET and
> CPU_TARGET as used above correct?  Or do I use PPC_TARGET=arm?  Is there
> any documentation on these parameters?  The Build FAQ gives an example
> of building a compiler to run on another system.  I want to build a
> compiler to run on my system that can build executables for another system.

Try make cycle instead rest the same.

If you want to do it using make all that is all possible, but then you
probably also need a OPT='-darm'

Marco van de Voort wrote:

>>> Was there a solution for this?  I've just come across this error now
>>> while trying to build fpc-svn for arm-linux as well.  I'm using the
>>> following command line on Win32 from the root of the fpc source tree.
>>>
>>> make all OS_TARGET=linux CPU_TARGET=arm
>>> CROSSBINDIR=c:\devkitpro\devkitgp2x\bin BINUTILSPREFIX=arm-linux-
>>>

>> I want to make sure I have this right.  I wish to build ppcarm.exe that
>> runs on Win32 and will create an arm-linux ELF.  Is OS_TARGET and
>> CPU_TARGET as used above correct?  Or do I use PPC_TARGET=arm?  Is there
>> any documentation on these parameters?  The Build FAQ gives an example
>> of building a compiler to run on another system.  I want to build a
>> compiler to run on my system that can build executables for another system.
>>

> Try make cycle instead rest the same.
>
> If you want to do it using make all that is all possible, but then you
> probably also need a OPT='-darm'

There is no 'make cycle' target at the root of the fpc source tree.
Tried the OPT='-darm' option, but now it stops with the error "ONLY one
of the switches for the CPU type must be defined" because make puts
-di386 in there.

This is the command line.
d:\fpc>make all OS_TARGET=linux CPU_TARGET=arm
CROSSBINDIR=c:\devkitpro\devkitgp2x\bin BINUTILSPREFIX=arm-linux-
OPT='-darm'

I can get a ppcarm.exe compiled by using PPC_TARGET=arm, but I still
need to get the arm-linux units compiled.

Steve Williams wrote:

> Marco van de Voort wrote:
>
>> Try make cycle instead rest the same.
>>
>> If you want to do it using make all that is all possible, but then you
>> probably also need a OPT='-darm'
>>

> There is no 'make cycle' target at the root of the fpc source tree.
> Tried the OPT='-darm' option, but now it stops with the error "ONLY one
> of the switches for the CPU type must be defined" because make puts
> -di386 in there.
>
> This is the command line.
> d:\fpc>make all OS_TARGET=linux CPU_TARGET=arm
> CROSSBINDIR=c:\devkitpro\devkitgp2x\bin BINUTILSPREFIX=arm-linux-
> OPT='-darm'
>
> I can get a ppcarm.exe compiled by using PPC_TARGET=arm, but I still
> need to get the arm-linux units compiled.

Without OPT='-darm', still get the internal error 200203271 on
gtkspinbutton.inc(267,4).  Trying again with
OPT='-dGTK_DISABLE_DEPRECATED', but it will be about an hour before make
gets to that point in the build again.

[...]

Peter Vreman
At 12:30 22-6-2006, you wrote:

>Steve Williams wrote:
>>Koenraad Lelong wrote:
>>
>>>Hi,
>>>When I ty to compile fpc-svn for arm-linux it stops with Internal
>>>error 200203271 when buildgtk2.pp/gtkspinbutton.inc is compiled.
>>>

>>Was there a solution for this?  I've just come across this error
>>now while trying to build fpc-svn for arm-linux as well.  I'm using
>>the following command line on Win32 from the root of the fpc source tree.
>>
>>make all OS_TARGET=linux CPU_TARGET=arm
>>CROSSBINDIR=c:\devkitpro\devkitgp2x\bin BINUTILSPREFIX=arm-linux-
>>

>I want to make sure I have this right.  I wish to build ppcarm.exe
>that runs on Win32 and will create an arm-linux ELF.  Is OS_TARGET
>and CPU_TARGET as used above correct?  Or do I use
>PPC_TARGET=arm?  Is there any documentation on these
>parameters?  The Build FAQ gives an example of building a compiler
>to run on another system.  I want to build a compiler to run on my
>system that can build executables for another system.

The commandline is correct. It will give you both a cross compiler
called ppcrossarm and a native compiler called ppcarm.

The IE is a code generation bug. That needs to be debugged. You can
compile with OPT='-gl -dEXTDEBUG' to get a backtrace were the IE
happends in the compiler.

Peter

Re: Internal error 200203271

Marco van de Voort
> >PPC_TARGET=arm?  Is there any documentation on these
> >parameters?  The Build FAQ gives an example of building a compiler
> >to run on another system.  I want to build a compiler to run on my
> >system that can build executables for another system.
>
> The commandline is correct. It will give you both a cross compiler
> called ppcrossarm and a native compiler called ppcarm.
>
> The IE is a code generation bug. That needs to be debugged. You can
> compile with OPT='-gl -dEXTDEBUG' to get a backtrace were the IE
> happends in the compiler.

make[6]: Entering directory :/repo/fpcex/packages/extra/gtk/gtkgl'
D:/repo/fpcex/compiler/ppcrossarm.exe -Tlinux -Parm -XParm-linux- -Xc -Xr
-XX -C
X -Ur -Xs -O2 -n -FuD:/repo/fpcex/rtl/units/arm-linux
-FuD:/repo/fpcex/packages/
extra/x11/units/arm-linux
-FuD:/repo/fpcex/packages/extra/opengl/units/arm-linux
 -FDd:\repo\cross\arm-linux -FE.
-FUD:/repo/fpcex/packages/extra/gtk/units/arm-l
inux -dEXTDEBUG -gl -darm -dRELEASE  gtkglarea.pp
D:\repo\fpcex\packages\extra\gtk\units\arm-linux\gtkglarea.sl
d:\repo\cross\arm-linux\arm-linux-ar.exe: creating
D:\repo\fpcex\packages\extra\
gtk\units\arm-linux\libpgtkglarea.a
D:\repo\fpcex\packages\extra\gtk\units\arm-linux\gtkglarea.sl
Max Memory used/heapsize: 13.791/14.592 Kb
make[6]: Leaving directory :/repo/fpcex/packages/extra/gtk/gtkgl'
make[5]: Leaving directory :/repo/fpcex/packages/extra/gtk'
make[4]: Leaving directory :/repo/fpcex/packages/extra/gtk'
make -C gtk2 smart
make[4]: Entering directory :/repo/fpcex/packages/extra/gtk2'
make all LINKSMART=1 CREATESMART=1
make[5]: Entering directory :/repo/fpcex/packages/extra/gtk2'
d:/pp11/bin/i386-win32/gmkdir.exe -p units/arm-linux
D:/repo/fpcex/compiler/ppcrossarm.exe -Tlinux -Parm -XParm-linux- -Xc -Xr
-XX -C
X -Ur -Xs -O2 -n -Fuglib -Fuatk -Fupango -Fugtk+/gdk-pixbuf -Fugtk+/gdk
-Fugtk+/
gtk -Fulibglade -Fugtkglext -FuD:/repo/fpcex/rtl/units/arm-linux
-FDd:\repo\cros
s\arm-linux -FE. -FUunits/arm-linux -dEXTDEBUG -gl -darm -dRELEASE
buildgtk2.pp

units\arm-linux\glib2.sl
d:\repo\cross\arm-linux\arm-linux-ar.exe: creating
units\arm-linux\libpglib2.a
units\arm-linux\glib2.sl
units\arm-linux\atk.sl
d:\repo\cross\arm-linux\arm-linux-ar.exe: creating units\arm-linux\libpatk.a
units\arm-linux\atk.sl
units\arm-linux\pango.sl
d:\repo\cross\arm-linux\arm-linux-ar.exe: creating
units\arm-linux\libppango.a
units\arm-linux\pango.sl
units\arm-linux\gdk2pixbuf.sl
d:\repo\cross\arm-linux\arm-linux-ar.exe: creating
units\arm-linux\libpgdk2pixbu
f.a
units\arm-linux\gdk2pixbuf.sl
units\arm-linux\gdk2.sl
d:\repo\cross\arm-linux\arm-linux-ar.exe: creating
units\arm-linux\libpgdk2.a
units\arm-linux\gdk2.sl
gtkspinbutton.inc(267,4) Fatal: Internal error 200203271
  $004DF30F  SECONDPASS,  line 175 of pass_2.pas
  $0049DA27  DO_GENERATE_CODE,  line 1274 of psub.pas
  $0049DFD9  READ_DECLARATIONS,  line 1584 of psub.pas
  $00447E2D  COMPILE,  line 422 of parser.pas
  $0049122A  TPPUMODULE__LOADPPU,  line 1411 of fppu.pas
  $00499C5F  LOADUNITS,  line 602 of pmodules.pas
  $0049A55A  PROC_UNIT,  line 918 of pmodules.pas
  $00447E2D  COMPILE,  line 422 of parser.pas
  $0041C985  COMPILE,  line 375 of compiler.pas
Fatal: Compilation aborted
Max Memory used/heapsize: 33.348/34.304 Kb
make[5]: *** [buildgtk2.ppu] Error 1
make[5]: Leaving directory :/repo/fpcex/packages/extra/gtk2'
make[4]: *** [fpc_smart] Error 2
make[4]: Leaving directory :/repo/fpcex/packages/extra/gtk2'
make[3]: *** [gtk2_smart] Error 2
make[3]: Leaving directory :/repo/fpcex/packages/extra'
make[2]: *** [extra_smart] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory :/repo/fpcex/packages'
make[1]: *** [packages_extra_smart] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory :/repo/fpcex'
make: *** [build-stamp.arm-linux] Error 2

Steve Williams wrote:
> Without OPT='-darm', still get the internal error 200203271 on
> gtkspinbutton.inc(267,4).  Trying again with
> OPT='-dGTK_DISABLE_DEPRECATED', but it will be about an hour before make
> gets to that point in the build again.

It doesn't compile with -dGTK_DISABLE_DEPRECATED either.  Undeclared
identifiers, etc.  I'm hoping that a compiler fix will be made soon to
allow arm-linux to build.

Marco van de Voort wrote:

> D:/repo/fpcex/compiler/ppcrossarm.exe -Tlinux -Parm -XParm-linux- -Xc -Xr
> -XX -C
> X -Ur -Xs -O2 -n -Fuglib -Fuatk -Fupango -Fugtk+/gdk-pixbuf -Fugtk+/gdk
> -Fugtk+/
> gtk -Fulibglade -Fugtkglext -FuD:/repo/fpcex/rtl/units/arm-linux
> -FDd:\repo\cros
> s\arm-linux -FE. -FUunits/arm-linux -dEXTDEBUG -gl -darm -dRELEASE
> buildgtk2.pp
>
> units\arm-linux\glib2.sl
> d:\repo\cross\arm-linux\arm-linux-ar.exe: creating
> units\arm-linux\libpglib2.a
> units\arm-linux\glib2.sl
> units\arm-linux\atk.sl
> d:\repo\cross\arm-linux\arm-linux-ar.exe: creating units\arm-linux\libpatk.a
> units\arm-linux\atk.sl
> units\arm-linux\pango.sl
> d:\repo\cross\arm-linux\arm-linux-ar.exe: creating
> units\arm-linux\libppango.a
> units\arm-linux\pango.sl
> units\arm-linux\gdk2pixbuf.sl
> d:\repo\cross\arm-linux\arm-linux-ar.exe: creating
> units\arm-linux\libpgdk2pixbu
> f.a
> units\arm-linux\gdk2pixbuf.sl
> units\arm-linux\gdk2.sl
> d:\repo\cross\arm-linux\arm-linux-ar.exe: creating
> units\arm-linux\libpgdk2.a
> units\arm-linux\gdk2.sl
> gtkspinbutton.inc(267,4) Fatal: Internal error 200203271
>   $004DF30F  SECONDPASS,  line 175 of pass_2.pas
>   $0049DA27  DO_GENERATE_CODE,  line 1274 of psub.pas
>   $0049DFD9  READ_DECLARATIONS,  line 1584 of psub.pas
>   $00447E2D  COMPILE,  line 422 of parser.pas
>   $0049122A  TPPUMODULE__LOADPPU,  line 1411 of fppu.pas
>   $00499C5F  LOADUNITS,  line 602 of pmodules.pas
>   $0049A55A  PROC_UNIT,  line 918 of pmodules.pas
>   $00447E2D  COMPILE,  line 422 of parser.pas
>   $0041C985  COMPILE,  line 375 of compiler.pas
> Fatal: Compilation aborted
> Max Memory used/heapsize: 33.348/34.304 Kb
> make[5]: *** [buildgtk2.ppu] Error 1
> make[5]: Leaving directory :/repo/fpcex/packages/extra/gtk2'
> make[4]: *** [fpc_smart] Error 2
> make[4]: Leaving directory :/repo/fpcex/packages/extra/gtk2'
> make[3]: *** [gtk2_smart] Error 2
> make[3]: Leaving directory :/repo/fpcex/packages/extra'
> make[2]: *** [extra_smart] Error 2
> make[2]: Leaving directory :/repo/fpcex/packages'
> make[1]: *** [packages_extra_smart] Error 2
> make[1]: Leaving directory :/repo/fpcex'
> make: *** [build-stamp.arm-linux] Error 2

Is there any progress on this?  I tried to debug it last night (getting
a similar callstack to the above), but my skills with gdb are extremely
lacking.

--
Sly

This message and its attachments may contain legally privileged or confidential information. This message is intended for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the addressee indicated in this message, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you may not copy or deliver this message or its attachments to anyone. Rather, you should permanently delete this message and its attachments and kindly notify the sender by reply e-mail. Any content of this message and its attachments, which does not relate to the official business of the sending company must be taken not to have been sent or endorsed by the sending company or any of its related entities. No warranty is made that the e-mail or attachment(s) are free from computer virus or other defect.

Re: Internal error 200203271

Marco van de Voort
> Marco van de Voort wrote:
> > units\arm-linux\libpgdk2.a
> > units\arm-linux\gdk2.sl
> > gtkspinbutton.inc(267,4) Fatal: Internal error 200203271
> >   $004DF30F  SECONDPASS,  line 175 of pass_2.pas
> >   $0049DA27  DO_GENERATE_CODE,  line 1274 of psub.pas
> >   $0049DFD9  READ_DECLARATIONS,  line 1584 of psub.pas
> >   $00447E2D  COMPILE,  line 422 of parser.pas
> >   $0049122A  TPPUMODULE__LOADPPU,  line 1411 of fppu.pas
> >   $00499C5F  LOADUNITS,  line 602 of pmodules.pas
> >   $0049A55A  PROC_UNIT,  line 918 of pmodules.pas
> >   $00447E2D  COMPILE,  line 422 of parser.pas
> >   $0041C985  COMPILE,  line 375 of compiler.pas
> > Fatal: Compilation aborted
> > Max Memory used/heapsize: 33.348/34.304 Kb
> > make[5]: *** [buildgtk2.ppu] Error 1
> > make[5]: Leaving directory :/repo/fpcex/packages/extra/gtk2'
> > make[4]: *** [fpc_smart] Error 2
> > make[4]: Leaving directory :/repo/fpcex/packages/extra/gtk2'
> > make[3]: *** [gtk2_smart] Error 2
> > make[3]: Leaving directory :/repo/fpcex/packages/extra'
> > make[2]: *** [extra_smart] Error 2
> > make[2]: Leaving directory :/repo/fpcex/packages'
> > make[1]: *** [packages_extra_smart] Error 2
> > make[1]: Leaving directory :/repo/fpcex'
> > make: *** [build-stamp.arm-linux] Error 2
> >

> Is there any progress on this?  I tried to debug it last night (getting
> a similar callstack to the above), but my skills with gdb are extremely
> lacking.

No, not that I know.