Installing fpc 2.2.0 deb packages

syraxes
Hello,

Are there better ways to install fpc 2.2.0 on ubuntu besides downloading ~15 debs
from sourceforge ?   I'm thinking that it would be much more convenient to have all those
debs packaged into a single tar . Or maybe there is some deb repository available ?

Thanks,
Adrian Maier

Re: Installing fpc 2.2.0 deb packages

Vincent Snijders
[hidden email] schreef:
> Hello,
>

> Are there better ways to install fpc 2.2.0 on ubuntu besides downloading ~15 debs
> from sourceforge ?   I'm thinking that it would be much more convenient to have all those
> debs packaged into a single tar . Or maybe there is some deb repository available ?

tar: http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=89339&package_id=204004
repo:
http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Getting_Lazarus#Getting_Lazarus_from_our_Ubuntu_repository

Vincent

On Fri, Apr 11, 2008 at 10:29:57AM +0200, Vincent Snijders wrote:

> [hidden email] schreef:
> >Hello,
> >

> >Are there better ways to install fpc 2.2.0 on ubuntu besides downloading
> >~15 debs
> >from sourceforge ?   I'm thinking that it would be much more convenient to
> >have all those
> >debs packaged into a single tar . Or maybe there is some deb repository
> >available ?
>
> tar:
> http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=89339&package_id=204004
> repo:
> http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Getting_Lazarus#Getting_Lazarus_from_our_Ubuntu_repository

Thanks for the links Vincent !
It's nice to see that the issue has long been adressed already  ...

The reason why I haven't found the tarred debs is that I've searched
them starting from www.freepascal.org -->  downloads -->  sourceforge .
Perhaps it's worth considering to upload fpc_all_i386_deb.tgz
here as well :

Thanks!
Adrian Maier