In EABI ARM rootdisk dynamic linker is not named ld-linux.so.2

In EABI ARM rootdisk dynamic linker is not named ld-linux.so.2

josepascual (almudi)
Hi developer of freepascal (for arm) et all

I have tried a freepascal program for arm EABI. I have created a ppcrossarm
with SOFTFLOAT with binutils for EABI.
Freepascal program compiled okey but When I run it in ARM board (with
rootdisk EABI) I received a "FILE NOT FOUND"

It was due that ld-linux.so is not ld-linux.so.2 but ld-linux.so.3 (in order
to allow libraries for OABI and EABI in the
same rootdisk at the same time).

problem can be resolved with a symbolic link or patching in
./compiler/systems/t_linux.pas

Simbolic link breaks possibility to allow libraries for OABI and EABI where
place
in same rootdisk running OABI program and EABI program at the same time.

What is your opinion? (I'm very novice in EABI world so it's really possible
I'm wrong)
how does program detect to use dynamic linker ld-linux.so.2 or
ld-linux.so.3?
Should it be possible detect if fpc compiler has built with eabi toolschain
or are using eabi toolchain to generate
compiled programs?

best regards

Jose Pascual

Re: In EABI ARM rootdisk dynamic linker is not named ld-linux.so.2

Bugzilla from daniel.mantione@freepascal.org

Op Wed, 4 Jul 2007, schreef josepascual:

> Hi developer of freepascal (for arm) et all
>
> I have tried a freepascal program for arm EABI. I have created a ppcrossarm
> with SOFTFLOAT with binutils for EABI.
> Freepascal program compiled okey but When I run it in ARM board (with
> rootdisk EABI) I received a "FILE NOT FOUND"
>
> It was due that ld-linux.so is not ld-linux.so.2 but ld-linux.so.3 (in order
> to allow libraries for OABI and EABI in the
> same rootdisk at the same time).
>
> problem can be resolved with a symbolic link or patching in
> ./compiler/systems/t_linux.pas
>
> Simbolic link breaks possibility to allow libraries for OABI and EABI where
> place
> in same rootdisk running OABI program and EABI program at the same time.
>
> What is your opinion? (I'm very novice in EABI world so it's really possible
> I'm wrong)
> how does program detect to use dynamic linker ld-linux.so.2 or
> ld-linux.so.3?
> Should it be possible detect if fpc compiler has built with eabi toolschain
> or are using eabi toolchain to generate
> compiled programs?
The dynamic loader the compiler depends on the libc you use. What libc do
you use?

Daniël

RE: In EABI ARM rootdisk dynamic linker is not named ld-linux.so.2

josepascual (almudi)
> > Hi developer of freepascal (for arm) et all
> >
> > I have tried a freepascal program for arm EABI. I have created a
> > ppcrossarm with SOFTFLOAT with binutils for EABI.
> > Freepascal program compiled okey but When I run it in ARM board (with
> > rootdisk EABI) I received a "FILE NOT FOUND"
> >
> > It was due that ld-linux.so is not ld-linux.so.2 but ld-linux.so.3
> (in
> > order to allow libraries for OABI and EABI in the same rootdisk at
> the
> > same time).
> >
> > problem can be resolved with a symbolic link or patching in
> > ./compiler/systems/t_linux.pas
> >
> > Simbolic link breaks possibility to allow libraries for OABI and EABI
> > where place in same rootdisk running OABI program and EABI program at
> > the same time.
> >
> > What is your opinion? (I'm very novice in EABI world so it's really
> > possible I'm wrong) how does program detect to use dynamic linker
> > ld-linux.so.2 or ld-linux.so.3?
> > Should it be possible detect if fpc compiler has built with eabi
> > toolschain or are using eabi toolchain to generate compiled programs?
>
> The dynamic loader the compiler depends on the libc you use. What libc
> do you use?

libc-2.5

Op Fri, 6 Jul 2007, schreef josepascual:

> > > Hi developer of freepascal (for arm) et all
> > >
> > > I have tried a freepascal program for arm EABI. I have created a
> > > ppcrossarm with SOFTFLOAT with binutils for EABI.
> > > Freepascal program compiled okey but When I run it in ARM board (with
> > > rootdisk EABI) I received a "FILE NOT FOUND"
> > >
> > > It was due that ld-linux.so is not ld-linux.so.2 but ld-linux.so.3
> > (in
> > > order to allow libraries for OABI and EABI in the same rootdisk at
> > the
> > > same time).
> > >
> > > problem can be resolved with a symbolic link or patching in
> > > ./compiler/systems/t_linux.pas
> > >
> > > Simbolic link breaks possibility to allow libraries for OABI and EABI
> > > where place in same rootdisk running OABI program and EABI program at
> > > the same time.
> > >
> > > What is your opinion? (I'm very novice in EABI world so it's really
> > > possible I'm wrong) how does program detect to use dynamic linker
> > > ld-linux.so.2 or ld-linux.so.3?
> > > Should it be possible detect if fpc compiler has built with eabi
> > > toolschain or are using eabi toolchain to generate compiled programs?
> >
> > The dynamic loader the compiler depends on the libc you use. What libc
> > do you use?
> >

> libc-2.5
glibc-2.5 probably, but my SuSE 10.2 system contains glibc 2.5 and does
use the normal ld-linux.so.2. We need to find out what is going here.

Daniël

RE: In EABI ARM rootdisk dynamic linker is not named ld-linux.so.2

josepascual (almudi)

> linux.so.3
> > > (in
> at
> > > the

> programs?
> > >
> > > The dynamic loader the compiler depends on the libc you use. What
> > > libc do you use?
> > >

> > libc-2.5
>
> glibc-2.5 probably, but my SuSE 10.2 system contains glibc 2.5 and does
> use the normal ld-linux.so.2. We need to find out what is going here.

yes, glibc-2.5, your SuSE is glibc-2.5 also but you are a i386 ARCH and I'm
in an ARM ARCH with EABI.

Jose Pascual.