IPC on Windows?

Lee Jenkins

Does the FPC IPC implementation work on windows?

--

Warm Regards,

Lee

Re: IPC on Windows?

Vincent Snijders
Lee Jenkins schreef:

> Does the FPC IPC implementation work on windows?

I have not used it, but yes, it works.

Vincent

Re: IPC on Windows?

Lee Jenkins
Vincent Snijders wrote:
> Lee Jenkins schreef:
>>
>> Does the FPC IPC implementation work on windows?
>>

> I have not used it, but yes, it works.
>
> Vincent

Thanks Vincent.  I'm going to be using it on linux box but want to write and
test on my Windows machine.

Thanks again,

--

Warm Regards,

Lee

Re: IPC on Windows?

Lee Jenkins
Vincent Snijders wrote:
> Lee Jenkins schreef:
>>
>> Does the FPC IPC implementation work on windows?
>>

> I have not used it, but yes, it works.
>
> Vincent

I fished around and found the ipc demo in fpc directory, work great.  I'm
curious if anyone can tell me in about the SendMessage method:

Procedure SendMessage(MsgType : TMessageType; Stream: TStream);

The TMessageType is just a longint.  I'm assuming that this is just for my
reference so I can determine on the server side how to handle a message, correct?

This appears to be the case since it works regards of what I set the parameter to.

Thanks again,

--

Warm Regards,

Lee

Re: IPC on Windows?

Lee Jenkins
Lee Jenkins wrote:

> Vincent Snijders wrote:
>> Lee Jenkins schreef:
>>>
>>> Does the FPC IPC implementation work on windows?
>>>

>> I have not used it, but yes, it works.
>>
>> Vincent
>
> I fished around and found the ipc demo in fpc directory, work great.
> I'm curious if anyone can tell me in about the SendMessage method:
>
> Procedure SendMessage(MsgType : TMessageType; Stream: TStream);
>
> The TMessageType is just a longint.  I'm assuming that this is just for
> my reference so I can determine on the server side how to handle a
> message, correct?

Wow, I'm batting a thousand today.  Contansts for message type are right above
the TMessageType declaration.  Sorry.

--

Warm Regards,

Lee